Nikon DG-2 eyepiece magnifier

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, as a spectacle wearer I am considering buying the DG-2 for my D200. Has anyone got or used one of these? I would be interested in any opinions as to wether it is worth the money (appx £77).

TIA,

Alan

Hi Alan, I can't comment on the Nikon version BUT I have the Canon equivalent, I can only say it has improved my photo's, the magnification makes it easier to manual focus, it also helps that I can use it a full 360 degrees, which helps enormously when you have a low tripod position, for £77 I'd say thats a good price, mine cost just over £100 HTH (y)

Before you buy it, it might be worth checking that you're prescription doesn't counter a stigmatism like mine does. AFAIA, these correctors won't help unless you have the lens inside made to correct your specific stigmatism.

Before you buy it, it might be worth checking that you're prescription doesn't counter a stigmatism like mine does. AFAIA, these correctors won't help unless you have the lens inside made to correct your specific stigmatism.

NortherNikon, accepting you are probably not an optician, I would have thought that if you wear contact lenses, then the 2x magnification would not be a problem, only if you wore glasses and took them off for looking through the viewfinder.

Hi, as a spectacle wearer I am considering buying the DG-2 for my D200. Has anyone got or used one of these? I would be interested in any opinions as to wether it is worth the money (appx £77).
Alan - out of interest, where are you buying from?

NortherNikon, accepting you are probably not an optician, I would have thought that if you wear contact lenses, then the 2x magnification would not be a problem, only if you wore glasses and took them off for looking through the viewfinder.

I think you've missed the point. The OP mentions that he wears glasses and I inferred from his post that he is thinking of using the adaptor instead of his glasses. I wear glasses which correct a stigmatism. I therefore can't wear contacts nor use a dioptic adjuster as mentioned hence my response.

Perhaps I should have made my OP clearer (excuse the pun) :D

I planned to use the magnifying eyepiece in conjunction with my spectacles. The thinking being that the eyepiece is supposed to enlarge and brighten the viewing area and also has a circular rubber seal which would enable me to use the viewfinder more comfortably. :shrug:

Warehouse Express are selling these at appx £77.

Sorry for the confusion in the OP.

Regards,

Alan

:d

Back