weekly Nikon f/1.8 52 for 2024 weekly thread WEEK 4 Added

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hope this goes better than the last time I tried...... Covid put the block on that.

Last edited:
Always like a Billy Bobbin - nice shot :)

Great image, as Bob pointed out tack sharp and nice highlight in the eye.

Spun that tale well Paul :)

Great take on the theme. I have to ask what you're playing?

Great idea. Another original take. I am enjoying the different interpretations. Yes, maybe macro rings would have given you some interesting possibilities.

Spun that tale well Paul :)
I certainly did :)

Great take on the theme. I have to ask what you're playing?
It is Santana's album Inner Secrets, still got all my LP's from the 70's. My first pressings of AC/DC albums are worth a few bob now.

Great idea. Another original take. I am enjoying the different interpretations. Yes, maybe macro rings would have given you some interesting possibilities.
I looked at a few of the posts and a lot went for nails so I thought, I would try something different

Lovely robin pic! And I like the hard pic with the pop of colour - only critique would be the framing on the RHS (although the focus is great in the middle as is)

Lovely robin pic! And I like the hard pic with the pop of colour - only critique would be the framing on the RHS (although the focus is great in the middle as is)
I see what you mean now about the tonearm, will have a look at the original.

Nice comp and really liking the letterbox format, good take on the theme.
Thank you Ryan, is a bit different to the normal size.

Close to Home - who doesn't like a robin?

Hard - nice take on the theme
Cheers Simon, the robin seems to like it in the garden, he is always there, assuming it is the same one :)

Great shot of the Robin with a lovely composition. Are you a birder?

Agree with your thoughts around getting closer. It's a bit awkwardly cropped and I'm assuming there's stuff in the view? If it's just white wall I think you could get away with leaving it in. A macro shot of the needle would be super though. One for another theme perhaps?

Lovely soft pic, and as said the water image is very sharp - great waterdrops on his head!

Lovely looking dog shot and like the wall paper
Water shot is nice and sharp, good colour on the duck against the darker BG

thanks all, trying to shake off a heavy cold, or is it man flu I have, so I am running a bit late.

Lovely little animals. Hoping to get something similar, but marmots in the Pyrenees. Will have to waiting until September when they come out of their warrens more often to stock up for Christmas.

Back