Nikon Flash Conundrum

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm currently redistributing the wealth in my camera bag. I'm selling my 17-55 to free up funds.

It was my intention to get a Nikon 1.4 teleconverter, an sb-600 and a Tamron 17-50 F/2.8

Seemed like a good way to open up some creativity as I desperately miss having a speedlight.

Then I thought about the Kenko TC, buying that would free up £130 which is near enough the price of another speedlight or combined with the money set aside for the first speedlight, enough for a SB-900

So here is my problem, assuming I get the kenko TC do I:
a) Get the one SB-600 and pocket the difference
b) Get two SB-600's and start playing more with the CLS
c) Get the SB-900 so I can feel all smug when I read McNally's new book?

I used to have an SB-600 and I always found it very useful. I shoot the occasional wedding here or there and also do some press work.

I suppose the pair of SB-600's is the best bet as they hold their value extremely well.... I'd be interested to know what you guys think (y)

Glad you like it, was a bit too shabby for me.

It's not shabby now - all cleaned up, all the scratches and marks are gone and it's looking rather nice :D

Back to your question though....

The 2 x SB-600 option is quite a good one (it's what I started with), but the SB-900 is really cracking piece of kit, well worth the extra £100 over an SB-600

Back