Nikon / Fuji compatible flash setup

Name
Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,
I have a fairly basic 2x speed-light setup for my Nikon D750, comprising of an SB-700, a Yongnuo YN568EX and some Yongnuo trigger/receivers...

However, also shoot Fuji (X-T3)....

Are there any flash systems (or even just the trigger/receivers) out there that offer cross-system compatibility?

The Nikon /Yongnuo triggers and flashes do work on the Fuji, but only in full manual mode, controlled independently - which isn’t so helpful when the flash is stuck inside a soft box!

My preference is to shoot the flashes in Manual, but control them centrally from a trigger on my camera.

Any recommendations / suggestions out there? I don’t really want to own 2 flash systems.... Thanks!

Sell what you've got and buy Godox.
Get a Nikon transmitter and a Fuji transmitter.
Thanks for the suggestion! Godox do seem to be becoming quite popular.

Any recommendations on model? Doesn’t need to be the highest output as I mostly shoot indoors, but ability to shoot TTL and HSS would be useful.

The TT685 is a straight replacement for an SB700, there’s a lithium battery powered version Ving V860?
The TT350 is smaller, but probably too much so, the recycle times can frustrate as it only has 2AA batteries.
Then there’s a round head flash but IMHO that’s just a gimmick, YMMV.

just for the avoidance of doubt, if you buy a Fuji version and a Nikon version you’ll be able to use those individually on-camera. But your Fuji trigger can control both off camera and so can the Nikon trigger.
If you only buy Nikon compatible speedlights then the Fuji will only be able to use them off-camera.

The TT685 is a straight replacement for an SB700, there’s a lithium battery powered version Ving V860?
The TT350 is smaller, but probably too much so, the recycle times can frustrate as it only has 2AA batteries.
Then there’s a round head flash but IMHO that’s just a gimmick, YMMV.

just for the avoidance of doubt, if you buy a Fuji version and a Nikon version you’ll be able to use those individually on-camera. But your Fuji trigger can control both off camera and so can the Nikon trigger.
If you only buy Nikon compatible speedlights then the Fuji will only be able to use them off-camera.
Thanks Phil. Much appreciated. Following your advice, I have just ordered:

X1F and X1N
2x TT685N’s
1x TT685F

I’ll sell on the rest once it comes and I’m happy. Should make half my money back, maybe....!

Back