Beginner Nikon in body VR

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning,

I have a Nikon D5300 with in camera VR, does this mean I can use non-VR lenses and still benefit from the in camera system?

Many thanks
Simon

I have never heard of a Nikon with in camera VR I can only assume you are reading something wrong :(

Oh OK...I just presumed that because the AF-P lenses don't have a switch to turn VR on and off, you have to do it via the menu, that it was something in the body rather than the lens.

So, if I were to use a DX lens with a VR switch, do I have to turn it off at the switch, in menu or both?

Simon

Last edited:
If you use a lens with a VR on/off switch the menu option should be greyed out. It's only there to control AF-P DX lenses which, as you say' don't have switches on the lens barrel.

AL

If you use a lens with a VR on/off switch the menu option should be greyed out. It's only there to control AF-P DX lenses which, as you say' don't have switches on the lens barrel.

AL

@Al1944 , having borrowed an AF-S lens from my daughters Nikon, I can confirm this is correct, it does, indeed, grey out on the menu.

Thanks again.

Back