Nikon pr0n!

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not a Nikon man, but I was rather jealous of this array of D700s - seen at the Gadget Show live at the NEC earlier this month

D700s.jpg

forget the 700's I want one of the ball heads!

Nick.

I totted up the cost in my head when I saw them and wondered if they would miss one :D
Impressive is not the word. The software was quite funky too.

What was the purpose?

I suspect (having seen them attempt it with flip HD camcorders with a similar rig on tv) they were trying to recreate the bullet time special effect from The Matrix.

It's a film effect where the action stops and then the camera angle pans a ful 180 degrees round the subject.

I suspect (having seen them attempt it with flip HD camcorders with a similar rig on tv) they were trying to recreate the bullet time special effect from The Matrix.

It's a film effect where the action stops and then the camera angle pans a ful 180 degrees round the subject.

I think the best time it's been used is the first scene of swordfish :)

Yep precisley!

Although it was a whole lot better than the flip attempt and it was all a static shot of a model spinning around.

They also showed a time lapse video taken at focus during setup. Anyone see a D3x in the rafters? I did and was confused 'till GSL!

Actually, bullet time was used in the Red Hot Chili Peppers Live at Slane Castle DVD. Watch the video of By The Way and you'll see what I mean :)

Time Slice films have had a long time relationship with Nikon.

They have done a huge amount of work for various people other than the obvious matrix stuff.

Andy

that is a very impressive set up!! What are the cables plugges into the front of the bodies?

Back