Nikon - Preview black and white dots... help?

Name
MG
Edit My Images
No
So i had a shoot yesterday and something weird was happening from time to time.
I'd take a picture, then quickly review it but when i zoomed in once the display would go to a load of black and white dots. If i zoomed in again or zoomed out the picture re-appeared as normal, then when zooming again it would be fine.

The only things that have changed are:
1) Updated the firmware to the latest version (doubtful)
2) Writing a backup raw to card slot 2

It was very hit and miss when it happened... anyone had anything similiar?

I thought you were referring to highlight blinkies when I first read the title but it doesn't sound like that. Do you have a pic showing the issue? Have you tried downloading the images to check they are not corrupt?

I thought you were referring to highlight blinkies when I first read the title but it doesn't sound like that. Do you have a pic showing the issue? Have you tried downloading the images to check they are not corrupt?
I'll try and recreate the issue tonight

Nope, files are all fine.

It's literally when i go to review the image:
Take a pic > quickly review the image (press play button) > image appears > i zoom in once > goes to millions of black dots > i zoom out again image appears fine > zoom back in image is fine this time round.

If you could say which camera you have, how long you have had it, whether it was new when you got it, and maybe take a pic with your phone (if possible) if it happens again, people may have more information to try and help. :)

I know there were some Nikon cameras where they said that you had install the firmware update twice for example.

If you could say which camera you have, how long you have had it, whether it was new when you got it, and maybe take a pic with your phone (if possible) if it happens again, people may have more information to try and help. :)

I know there were some Nikon cameras where they said that you had install the firmware update twice for example.
Sorry you're right i should of stated the model.

It's the D750 - was purchased brand new from panamoz, shutter count about 7k and about a year old

Version went from 1.10 > 1.13

If it's only happened since the firmware update is there any way to roll it back to the earlier version?

It's the only thing that's changed really.

If it's only happened since the firmware update is there any way to roll it back to the earlier version?

It's the only thing that's changed really.
writing to dual cards also another thing that has changed.

Will do my best to try and replicate tonight, then try downgrading firmware if i'm able to do so.

Back