Nikon R1C1 set up

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently purchased a Nikon R1C1. If I have the commander unit set up for channels A and B with 1 flash as channel A and 1 as B then when I actuate the camera there is a slight delay before first one flash and then the other flash fires. By the time the flash guns operate the exposure has already been taken. If both units are set to the same channel then they both fire immediately and together, but this of course does not allow me to adjust the power output of the guns independently. I returned the unit to Ffordes in Scotland where I bought it. They have been very helpful and have tested other units in stock and find they are getting the same result, so guess it's not a problem with my unit but the way it is set up. Nikon advisor on line was totally unhlepful (and incredibly rude). Anybody any experience of using the R1C1 who can advise me as I am strugling to make sense despite looking at the manual. Any advice appreicated.

That’s not how mine operate.

I can set two different flashes to different channels and they go off at same time.

Thanks for that response. That’s how I would expect it to work and I’ve no idea why it isn’t. Obviously functioning the way it is is of no use to me. No idea what is wrong as I’m sure it’s set up ok. Nikon don’t seem to have an answer at present.

Thanks for that response. That’s how I would expect it to work and I’ve no idea why it isn’t. Obviously functioning the way it is is of no use to me. No idea what is wrong as I’m sure it’s set up ok. Nikon don’t seem to have an answer at present.
Yes the whole channel thing is essential if you want them at different flash strengths. For what it’s worth when working it’s such a great flash controller.

Back