Nikon Refurb Lenses?

Got my refurbished Nikon 500 f4 AF-S VR coming from Calumet tomorrow, it's stated it's refurbed by Nikon.
I am assured that it is Mint and complete so I'll let you know what I find - I looked at a number of used lenses from the usual dealers and found that the refurb, (assuming the description of what 'refurbished' means is correct), appeared to be a far better deal for the money.
Time will tell but for me it's a new(er) lens for not much more than, in some cases, a very old one ... Camera World also have them and I guess a few other of the main dealers.

Yeah I noticed a few of the main dealers are offering them up now, quite a big saving and fair enough its only a 6 month warranty but for pricing very similar to a used lens its almost a bonus, the site suggests that my local store has stock of a few of them so I might nip up later and have a chat with them.

I have bought Nikon refurbished lenses and bodies in the past with no issues.

500 f4 VR just arrived and cosmetically you wouldn't know it from new, not a mark on the lens, hood or case ... off out to put it through it's paces :D

Well it is a cracking lens, had I paid full whack I would have been more than happy, so a saving of over £1k was well worth it for me :)

I have bought a refurb lens Nikon 70-200 and never had any problems with it until I sold it.

i have bought nikon refurbished lens in the past and the quality seemed the same as new.

Back