Nikon Related Xmas Gifts, what to buy?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all

My girlfriend has a DSLR which I think she loves more than me.

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for useful or quirky Nikon related gifts? (apart from the lens mug).

I'm thinking accessories maybe? I've already got her an adapter for her telescope but something along those lines....

Would appreciate your help

Many Thanks
Michael

Compatible accessories depend on the model, do you know which it is? Something like a remote shutter release perhaps?

Thank you for the feedback, appreciate it.

Just wondering which acessories really make a difference and are pretty essential.

According to her flickr it's a D5000, is it worth me getting a flickr pro account for her?

I can't access that page :(

What about lens accessories? the fish eye adapters etc or are they just cheap cr@p?

Or filters? anything useful?

Cheers
Mike

What's her Flickr page? Maybe seeing some images of what she likes to shoot might help....

Looks like she's using the 18-55 kit lens, so a 52mm polarizing filter would be good. Hoya make good ones. The ML-L3 infrared remote shutter release is compatible with the D5000, as is the MC-DC2 wired one.

Cool I've ordered both. Thank you :)

Can anyone reccomend a decent tripod stand?

Also after a DSLR for beginners book or dvd if anyone can suggest a good one?

Thank you

Mike

How much are you looking at spending.

The reason I ask is something fun for her maybe is the lens baby, like the muse scout or composer. each different lens baby does something different.

http://www.lensbaby.com/index.php?r=GSLensbaby&gclid=CK3-zLrHgq0CFaEhtAodInmvTQ#0

There is the website.

They are some lens and the great tghing about the lens baby is that you can change the optics. You can get fish eye optics, single or double glass optics. Plus you can buy a lot of stuff to change the lights she takes pictures of in to different shapes. Plus they are not overly expensive.

What a thoughtful bloke you are going to all this trouble!

There are some nikon china mugs on eBay now as well as the lens shaped ones. Or a camera shaped flash drive? I got myself one from Santa....;-)

If she's not been into it for too long I can recommend a good book. It's called Understanding Exposure by Brian Peterson and it's helped a lot of people including me. I got it as an ebook but I'm sure it's available in print, it helps with all the basics like composition, creativity etc. and is easy to understand, not just full of jargon.

Back