Nikon Remote Controls - How Much?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Only just realised that my new D300 does not have an old fashioned screw in connector on the shutter like my Fuji S3.

So had a look at the cost of cords and the ML-3 infra red remote control! That has to be the biggest rip off I have ever seen!

So question is this:

Does anyone know where you can get the plugs for the 10 pin remote control socket? If you do, maybe you have access to the wiring diagram?

Bit of a long shot but if anyone has this information I could make a remote control with a key fob for about £60 or so! Oh and for what it is worth it could work up to 100M not 8M!

Regards

Chris

So you spent a grand on a camera body but are prepared to bodge a remote? :wacky:

Oh that's quite rude and uncalled for don't you think?

For what it is worth I am an electronics engineer.

My question is based on finding a solution that others can follow. For me, to build this would be simple as long as I had the data.

Perhaps you personally cannot see the benefit of helping others with your skills. But me, well guess I am different from you!

Regards

Chris

Hi Simon,

Thanks for that, just what I was looking for!

Regards

Chris

Take a look on Ebay - lots of far more reasonably priced alternatives. I have a couple of those (one wired, one wireless) and they work perfectly.

Hi Moadib,

Sounds like my efforts may not be worth it then?

Any chance of putting a link for a wireless one so I can get an idea?

Regards

Chris

No probs! Im quite broad-minded.... Im happy to help you Nikon-users to take good photos like us Canon-peeps!!! ;) :D

No probs! Im quite broad-minded.... Im happy to help you Nikon-users to take good photos like us Canon-peeps!!! ;) :D

Hi Janice,

You is the (wo)man! :LOL:

But I am a Fuji S3 and Nikon D300 chap now. But still a novice!

Trying to get it right and feeling very sorry for myself today!

I was booked on a photography day course at Westonbirt Arboretum and had to cancel.

http://www.abbeyphotoschool.co.uk/15.html

Goddamn man flu has got the better of me:shake:

Oh well re booked for April so will have to look forward to it then!

Regards

Chris

just remember who built the lenses for Canon cameras when they first started

A clue? Nikon

I too have a D300 and I've done some research on this. I've not pressed buy just yet, but I've read only good things about the Phottix range of wireless remotes. The N1 sells for about £12.50 plus £7 P&P (from HK), and it's replacement, the Phottix Cleon, is £19 plus the P&P.

Just check eBay.

Probably a slight sniffle then! ;)

But Janice! I'm a man!

Well I sure have not felt like it during this last week and just spent another night waking at 01:45 and reading ever since!

If anyone has it keep away! This one lasts about a week! Everyone in this household has had it. Just heard from Bro In Law in Caerphilly, he, Sis In Law and four children all suffering! Not nice at all!

Mart61,

Good to hear that you may be going down the same route! I guess you mean this review:

http://nikonglass.blogspot.com/2008/02/wireless-remote-control-phottix-cleon.html

Pretty decisive I would say!

Will probably order a couple at that price and keep as spare or to go on the S3 if required.

Regards

Chris

bugger... i got the old one for mine.. but I dont use it often so it'll do me. (y)

bugger... i got the old one for mine.. but I dont use it often so it'll do me. (y)

I'm in the same position as you, but us men are gadget freaks and at £20 I reckon I'll have one and give the
other one away.....:nuts:

I'm in the same position as you, but us men are gadget freaks and at £20 I reckon I'll have one and give the

I have to agree and admit to being quite chuffed with my free upgrade :LOL:

Mine ordered too. I lasted the best part of 5 minutes before giving in to a bargain. Pathetic really...:LOL:

I'm a gadget freak too and was going to do JUST the same as you!! ;)

I just bit the bullet and spent £7.50 on one from eBay (plus £7 P&P from HK).

In the finish I went for one called Aputure. I saw a couple of favourable reviews on it and, as I had a £7.50 eBay discount voucher, all it's cost me is the postage.

Now all I hope is that it arrives and works OK.

I blame you totally for enticing me to spend more money on Tog stuff......:LOL:

Hi Fracster,

You cannot take it with you so spend it!

Well that's my motto anyway! Seem to be living up to to lately.

Chris

Hi Fracster,

You cannot take it with you so spend it!

Well that's my motto anyway! Seem to be living up to to lately.

Chris

Good point bud......(y)

*Frac wanders off to order that F4 600mm Nikon lens*......:D

Just had an email from etefore in Hong Kong that the remotes - oh I forgot to mention I ordered two units - have been shipped!

Be interesting to see how long they take to arrive!

Regards

Chris

Just had an email from etefore in Hong Kong that the remotes - oh I forgot to mention I ordered two units - have been shipped!

Be interesting to see how long they take to arrive!

Regards

Chris

I had a similar email this morning. Race ya!

:D

Hi Mart61,

Looks like it is probably the same unit in a different guise!

Chris

Well, so long as it does the job. I was driven by a £7.50 discount voucher I got from ebay that had no minimum spend. And this thing was exctly £7.50. So all I paid was P&P...

Fingers crossed.

Chris

Mine arrived this morning! Beer's on you?

:)

Hi Mart,

Mine arrived this morning. But you beat me to putting on the site so I loose by default! Drat!

Chris

Hah! Mine's a large one!

Oh my,

How miffed am I?

The two remotes are in the correct boxes, N8 is the specification for the D300 but the connectors inside are N6 for the Nikon D70/80!

Feeling very cheesed off right now!

Chris

Hi Mart,

If you are passing Devizes, give me a call and stop over! Jacuzzi in the garden with a bar alongside!

You have one or three already in!

Regards

Chris

Total bummer! I'm gutted for ya.

Know what I'd do? Order new ones and sell those you have on here! Gotta be better than attempting to send them back?

Oh, and thanks for the offer of a jacuzzi. Whilst I don't know if you are a boy or a girl, (Chris can be either, right?), the last time I was in a hot tub with a guy was a little odd-feeling!

Back