NIKON REPAIR CENTRE

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
has anyone sent a camera to them for a repair (not just a CLA)

how long did you have to wait for an estimate........?

I've had to twice and it was a long-winded process, couple of weeks for an estimate ... repair, don't ask!

I think this company is well regarded.

Perhaps have chat with them?

I think this company is well regarded............Perhaps have chat with them?..........

thanks - the camera has already been posted to NIKON

it was inspected by the well-known Miles Whitehead who diagnosed a faulty main board
the repair (he suggested) should be carried out by Nikon ( as the main board are all individually matched to the components of the body.)

I still have my Nikon D90 to use..............(y)

Their Pro service is excellent. Estimates normally arrive the same day they receive it. If they can't turn it round in a couple of days they always send me a free loan.

They closed down during lockdown and are now operating with reduced staffing. This will obviously cause a backlog and an increase in waiting times.

They closed down during lockdown and are now operating with reduced staffing. This will obviously cause a backlog and an increase in waiting times...

thanks for the info..... (y)

I have used them several times over the years for everything from a clean to shutter replacement.

They can be a little slow but I've never waited longer than 2 weeks and, with the exception of the D600, the repairs were always 100%.

The D600 ended up being replaced by a D610 so no real hardship :)

NOT WHAT I WANTED TO HEAR......................... :(

Good Morning John,

I am writing in regard to the assessment of your D300 camera body.

We have been notified by the workshop, as unfortunately due to the age of the camera model, we are no longer able to source the required parts to address the reported power fault and return the unit to full Nikon standard. Therefore, your camera has sadly been deemed beyond repair.

I hope you will accept our sincerest apologies for any disappointment or inconvenience that may have been caused by this news and please let me know how you would like us to proceed in the workshop. We can return your camera body to you unrepaired or offer a new D500 camera body only at £1089.24 ex VAT and shipping for exchange.

I look forward to hearing from you and if you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the Service Support Team on 0330 123 0928 (option 2).

Kind regards, Amelia

Amelia Ockelford

Deputy Customer Service Team Leader and Department Administrator – Imaging

So it looks like I'll be using the D90.

The used D7000 is not a 'big' stepup and I cannot afford another D300

if anyone can fix your camera they can. I have been there and no fancy showroom selling cameras etc ,just a very well equiped workshop. Two men work there one on cameras and the other on lenses. just fill in the form in the link below

Give them a call first. I would not go anywhere else after seeing how dedicated they are
Just got my Nikon AFS 80-400mm lens back , they did a complete stripdown (from camera end to front glass) -replaced guides- clean (which is a big job on a lens like that) and charged £90 inc VAT

Last edited:

Give them a call first. I would not go anywhere else after seeing how dedicated they are

thanks I will
but this NIKON comment pretty well dashed my hopes

''.. we are no longer able to source the required parts to address the reported power fault ..''

I surmise the likes of Fixation 'plug into' the Nikon parts channel....................what if they hold some spares on site???

Worth asking them what they think is possible???

thanks I will
but this NIKON comment pretty well dashed my hopes

''.. we are no longer able to source the required parts to address the reported power fault ..''

But maybe Fixation or Camserve have some parts on the shelf and/or another body they can cannabalise?

But maybe Fixation or Camserve have some parts on the shelf and/or another body they can cannabalise?............

all a bit iffy ATM
Miles Whitehead (my go-to) suggested I buy a tatty D300 (still a risk) and

''....I think that if you had one with 'tatty' covers etc but fully worked ok then
it would be best to swop the top, front and bottom covers etc to make it better
cosmetically rather than swop the main board as they are all individually matched
to the components of the body...
To swop covers would be £40 plus p&p....''

still with P&P to and fro I could be sinking money into a pit

I have contacted Camserve

my thoughts now are the D90 will see out my remaining days................. :)

Wow, John, sorry to hear the venerable D300 may have seen its last shutter activation. I hope someone will be able to fix it for you.

if anyone can fix your camera they can. ............

the final straw..........:mad:

''Good Morning John,

The Nikon D300 is quite an old model now and parts are no longer available.

Kind Regards,...Steve Smart...
Camserve Ltd.

looks like I'll be left with the D90 .. which is OK

Wow, John, sorry to hear the venerable D300 may have seen its last shutter activation. I hope someone will be able to fix it for you.

Back