Nikon repair service

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Just been to Egypt for 2 weeks and my nikon 18 70mm lens decided to jam up just before we visited the pyramids, luckily it was jammed at 24mm, since then it has really thrown in the towel, and I can see a loose screw in the elements. So has anybody used nikon repair service ?? what are their prices like, I know the lenses are aprox £180 new so I need to way this up against repair costs, I know that all repairs are different but a rough idea would be great.

Dean

www.camerabeanbags.co.uk

I dropped my 18-70mm lens and eventually I could not alter the focal length as it became stuck. I got it repaired at Fixation for £65 plus vat. It works fine now.

Another positive vote for Fixation here, they were even quicker than they told me they would be and managed to get my lens back to me in time for a trip I had planned!

I sent my 18-200VR lens for repair ( under warranty) to Nikon on 20th March.
I still dont have it back!
I have a job number so looked on their website. It is still awaiting repair with an estimated return date of 28th April. All that, and when i looked at the fault they had logged, it was not what it went in for. I sent it in because the lens creep was very bad and focus was out. Their repair docket says no a/f!
I need to ring them tomorrow and make sure they know what the proper fault is.
So, so far, Nikon repair is not looking good, especially when you consider Canon can do a warranty repair on a lens in less than 2 weeks! ( another post on this forum)

They will probably return it as no fault found too!
Cynical? Me?.........

Allan

Just a quick update on my lens, Nikon have sent it back unrepaired as it is, as they say, " within specification"
So, its going back again. I dont think I would have sent it to them if there was nothing wrong!!
Allan

My lens jammed, and having emailed Nikon and explained the problem, they said to send to them, which I did. I got an email and a letter stating that they had received it, and then one saying it was fixed and on its way back to me, i received it good as new, at no cost to me other than the initial postage. All this within three weeks, which isn't bad considering I live in Cyprus at the moment!

I have just put my d80 and 24-120 vr lens in for repair. I took it personally to Kingston upon Thames thinking It might be quicker. I thought i would track the repair on the web but need customer id and repair number, which i didn't have. Rang nikon up and they said when it's booked in an email will be generated with the details.I said that I took it over 48 hours previously and they said that it gets a look over and then it is booked onto the system. Another 24hours gone by and still not on the system. I cant believe the service from a supposedly reputable company

Back