Nikon servicing and repairs in Essex area?

Name
Steve Hall
Edit My Images
No
Morning folks, I have a couple of lenses and bodies I'd like to have a professional look at for me, but struggling with finding a suitable place; as always I'm surprised by the apparent lack of places outside of London! Fixation is a bit of a pain to get to, so was wondering if you folks could recommend somewhere around Southend / Chelmsford / Colchester? I've used Iseley before, but have not been overly impressed (eg I was handed back a lens which had been 'repaired' but could not focus anywhere) so was hoping to find an outlet elsewhere. To give you an idea what I'm after:

D3 body, 'ERR' code
Sigma 70-200 f2.8, front filter fitting slightly damaged (optics perfect)
D7000 body 'ERR' code
Nikon 24-70 f2.8, overall refresh (slightly stiff action, chipped filter fitting)

Is that the place that's a Canon approved centre? If so, I doubt it :(

Tbf Kent still much easier to get to than Fixation! If it's North Kent I can get there in 45mins, Fixation takes much longer despite being technically closer... Where is MW? Just read about http://www.ffordes.com/, they were 2mins away - shame they moved!

I believe it's an independent business at and the address I sent my Nikon 85mm 1.4 to was:

59 Barleycorn
Leybourne
West Malling
Kent
ME19 5PS England

Not quite 'local' but close enough to be worth the trip, especially if I'm taking several items..... Really surprised there's nothing this side of the river outside London though. Business opportunity I wonder!?.....

I use Fixation.
I know it's a pain to get there, but their service is excellent.

Why do you want somewhere close to you? A professional service centre won't repair it while you wait, so you'd be making two trips. Maybe petrol costs you nothing and you value your time at nothing. But for most people I would suggest sending the kit to a repair centre would be preferable - in which case you can choose anywhere in the country, based on price / quality / speed / whatever.

It's a fair point, I suppose I'd rather not go to the time & expense of sending something only for them to tell me it's beyond economic repair (D7000), but that's not really a big concern. So with that in mind, could/would you recommend anywhere other than Fixation? If I'm going to look countrywide, I don't need to go to the most expensive service centre in the country....

You won't go far wrong with Miles Whithead mentioned above. Email or phone him for prices / advice just to confirm the D7000 is / isn't economical to repair and advice on others.

Back