Nikon Servicing

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I use a Nikon D300s and 70-200mm VR1 for local football at the weekends every weekend, and while the setup performs brilliantly every weekend, i was wondering if there was a such a thing as a service for the camera and lens to `perk` it up at all and make sure everything is smooth (zoom rings) and fast operating 110%

If there is can anyone give me some sort of price guide i should be looking at.

I just like to look after my gear but also i will use it to get my pics in whatever the weather.

If the zoom ring is smooth, it doesn't need a service. If it isn't smooth, then something might be stuck / loose / worn / broken inside. In that case Nikon or one of their authorised service agents could repair it. They all charge on a parts-and-labour basis, so how much it costs depends on whether any parts need to be replaced and it's hard to give a guide price.

I've got about 20 of the Nikon 70-200s, but they're one of the most reliable lenses we stock and I can't remember the last time we had to get one repaired. If you'd been asking about a 14-24, I'd be able to dig into the records and give you the range of prices I've paid for the last dozen or so repairs - they're very unreliable, at one point earlier this year half our stock was out for service! - but I'm afraid I can't do that with the 70-200.

Back