Nikon software

Name
Helen Forlow
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks

Can anyone advise as to what software I would need if I could connect my Nikon D40 to a laptop whilst taking shots and see the shots live on laptop screen if possible? ;)

Many thanks in advance!!

Hels

Yeah Rob - that's exactly it :) Just wanted to know if it's possible - no worries if not!

"if you don't ask you don't get" :D

you need a D300 or D700 (dont have a D3 so cant say) as it has a HDMI socket which lets you view live view and playback on a TV but to capture the images to a computer you need a wirless transmitter and the nikon remote software but i dont think they work with the D40)

What wireless transmitter and software do you need for a Nikon D300 ?

you need a wireless transmitter hardware and the nikon camera control software

fair play i believed the only software that controlled the nikons was nikons own, but if this does work thats pretty cool for a free program

it worked with my D300 - haven't tried it with the D3 yet

im going to try it with a d700 now :)

let me know if it works - I need to get time to try with the D3 - worked great with the D300 - also works with the D40 it says on the web page

well it will set all options expect the shutter, but when i tether and it downloads a picture i get a script error pop up and no picture shows, is this vista compatible?

I used XP - what does it say on the web page?

From the author:

the original script works on some Vista machine but not others - I don’t know why. I presume the same will be true of this new version. Without Vista myself it’s hard to know why.

thats the trouble i cant find any info on OS, im trying the v3 file

v3 sort of works but its a bit weired how it shows a blank square and when you click on it it asks to download the file then puts a nef file on the hardrive, i got 1 script error but v3 does capture a file

Back