Nikon tc14....which version?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Is there much or any dIfference between a II or III version in terms of IQ ?

Not that much that I know of. I'm still using the mk2. Biggest difference is the newer mk3 won't work with a lot of older lenses. Best to check the compatibility list before buying either.

Some folks with the new Fl lenses say they can see a difference, Photography Life says there is possibly up to a 4% improvement with the Mk3 on the best lenses ... as Rob says though you need to check compatibility as it doesn't work with all 'older' lenses.

Hmm, going to match it with a 70-200 2.8 vrii so prob not worth the extra for the III ?

It's compatible but a very expensive option for little gain I would have thought. :)

It's compatible but a very expensive option for little gain I would have thought. :)

Just considering my options.
About to buy 70-200 2.8, and want something for extra reach after this. Intial thinking was the 300 f4 pf and 1.4, but Im now toying with the 150-600 C as I doubt it will be used as much as the shorter lens....

Just considering my options.
About to buy 70-200 2.8, and want something for extra reach after this. Intial thinking was the 300 f4 pf and 1.4, but Im now toying with the 150-600 C as I doubt it will be used as much as the shorter lens....

The 300mm PF with the 1.4 tc is a fantastic combination.

It really is lightweight, I'd highly recommend it (y)

In a word no.
I have a 1.4 ii. Tried a 1.4iii on a 70-200vr2 and a 400 f2.8 to see if there was any difference in IQ, and there was none to my eye. And if there was, it`s not worth the price.
So get a 1.4ii.

I have all of them:

36118502275_59b7d15c98_c.jpg

There is no difference I can see between TC14EII and TC14EIII (tested on my 200mm f/2G)

Since the TC14EIII is less compatible, my choice would be the TC14EII. I would stay away from Kenko.

Last edited:
Back