Nikon View NX

Edit My Images
No
Hello, does anyone use this software that came with their camera to convert raw files? I have only just started to use it but I keep getting an error when trying to convert the images to tiffs. It starts to transfer and then says 'an unexpected error has occurred'. I have no idea what to do and have tried to change some of the settings. It also fails to recognise any new photos I have taken. I am a bit baffled. Has anyone had this problem? thanks

thank you, I will give that a go. I have used a card reader to download my jpgs but I can't even get the raws off that.

which version is best to download 32 bit or 64 bit or dosen`t it matter ? as i looked at downloading this the other day but stopped when it gave me option of 32 or 64 as im not sure which one. (Im using windows 7)

Last edited:
cpk1 said:
which version is best to download 32 bit or 64 bit or dosen`t it matter ? as i looked at downloading this the other day but stopped when it gave me option of 32 or 64 as im not sure which one. (Im using windows 7)

Download the same as your operating system, which will be either 32 or 64 bit.

If you are not sure what you have click on Start / Control Panel / System and Security / System and under the System section it will say if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit Operating System.

Hi Vixen,

I use View NX2 to get image files off my memory card - actually I have it set up so that when I plug the card reader into the USB port Transfer NX starts and I use that. Transfer NX used to be a separate program but is now an integral part of View NX2 so once the images have been transferred to the computer Niew NX2 opens automatically and shows the images just transferred.

Is this how your set-up works?

I have uninstalled all the software and re-installed again. It is finally working now! I have set it up to open when camera is plugged in too. thanks for the help

Back