NIKON VR QUERY

Name
mike crabbe
Edit My Images
Yes
I read in another forum that leaving the tripod plate on a camera with a Vr lens ,makes the camera think it is on a tripod or Mono and the VR doesn't work properly, it also went on to say that the reason was the screw in the plate made an electrical connection !! Be glad to have any comments

Cobblers. that do:)

Oh and welcome to the world of TP:)

I read in another forum that leaving the tripod plate on a camera with a Vr lens ,makes the camera think it is on a tripod or Mono and the VR doesn't work properly, it also went on to say that the reason was the screw in the plate made an electrical connection !! Be glad to have any comments

Utter nonsense i`m pleased to say.

And welcome.......(y)

Although we know its a load of rubbish, where ever did you read such nonsense?, and i wonder what the response was..

I read this in Photozine under a discussion about Nikkor 70-300 VR in low light

That'll be a nasty shock for my VRs when I tell them they shouldn't be Ring Vs when the QR plate is on the camera. (They work just fine BTW)

Someone on Photozine has testicles that speak or is just pulling your leg.

Back