Nikon warranty repairs

Edit My Images
No
Anyone had any experience of Nikon UK's warranty repair service, turnaround time specifically? My camera has just been returned (it seems to be draining the battery flat very quickly) and I was wondering how long I'm likely to be without it.

Sorry can't say about Nikon but Canon turn around kit generally these days in about 3 weeks unless you've CPS membership.

My D810 has been in for a paid repair (non warranty) twice in recent months. On both occasions it was away for around 4 weeks.

Just for anyone else who may be wondering on this:

Camera was returned to Nikon last Monday and has been received back today (would have been yesterday, had I been around to take delivery). So all in nine days. Credit where it's due, and all that, Nikon have done the following:

Metering, shutter and exposure accuracy checked - recalibrated if necessary. Image capture, playback and delete
functions checked. X-sync, hot shoe and speedlight function checked. Body depth, body focus, AF accuracy checked
and recalibrated if necessary. Image Sensor, optics, mirrors, and viewfinder cleaned. Firmware version checked
and updated if required.
Repair, replace and adjust printed circuit board.
Check, test and clean equipment
Listed accessories received and returned
Repair includes 6 month Service Warranty

It's a little too early to say if the power will last any longer, but given that I've not been to careful about lens changes - and more importantly, that that is not their responsibility - the sensor clean is a nice added bonus.

Camera was returned to Nikon last Monday and has been received back today (would have been yesterday, had I been around to take delivery). So all in nine days. Credit where it's due, and all that, Nikon have done the following:

Metering, shutter and exposure accuracy checked - recalibrated if necessary. Image capture, playback and delete
functions checked. X-sync, hot shoe and speedlight function checked. Body depth, body focus, AF accuracy checked
and recalibrated if necessary. Image Sensor, optics, mirrors, and viewfinder cleaned. Firmware version checked
and updated if required.

It's a little too early to say if the power will last any longer, but given that I've not been to careful about lens changes - and more importantly, that that is not their responsibility - the sensor clean is a nice added bonus.

All of this was done under warranty?

Or was there a charge?

and updated if required.

Reading conflicting reviews makes any choice difficult! I have a 17-40 L which is fine for my purposes but I don't shoot wide that often, I prefer my 24-105 L. I tried the 16-35 L F4 IS which is very impressive but more expensive.

Did they replace the PCB or is it not clear. Perhaps this was the issue.

All of this was done under warranty?

Or was there a charge?

Sorry, only just seen these replies.

All done under warranty. I'd been meaning to send the camera back for some time, but really didn't want to be without it so just used to take an extra battery out with me. When I saw that there was only a week to go on my one year warrenty (it actually turns out I have two years, as I registered from new with Nikon) I decided to send it back.

Did they replace the PCB or is it not clear. Perhaps this was the issue.

According to the paper work, it does say reopair/replace, so your guess is as good as mine.

I have had dust cleans done from the viewfinder housing done by Nikon under warranty. This also included the above:

and updated if required.

At least that's what it said on the invoice. For what it's worth, they did actually do the firmware update, I got the mail a day or two before the camera was returned, and the update was already on it. Faultless service from Nikon. Camera is about 3 months old.

My D750 has recently been away for it's recall work - I'm an NPS member which seemed to allow me to jump the queue, and it was back 8 days after sending it. It had a new sensor unit, shutter unit and grip unit fitted, along with a firmware update and serviced and cleaned. Good as new and all ready for the best two photography seasons

Mines back for the same reason as the O/P, been 30 days now and no sign of it even being taken off the shelf for repair just says "awaiting repair" and phone call says "could be this week, could be next" ... well it wasn't this week. Utterly appalling service.

Back