Nikon WR-10 remote kit on D500 - WR-T10 remote not doing anything?

Name
Jason Brown
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought the kit in August to remotely fire my D500 - seemed to work absolutely fine when I used it the first time and I haven't used it since, but now I need to use it and the WR-T10 remote is often showing no signs of life. No lights, not firing the camera. I've changed the battery in it a few times and it would work for a while but now it seems to not be doing anything at all even after changing batteries. I've previously paired the receiver and remote and have also made sure both are on the same channel but to no avail. :( Any ideas?

I just want to also check that like the ML-L3 remote I had for my D3200, this WR-T10 does not have a power button on the remote itself? It doesn't look like it to me.

Edit: temporarily put a tiny bit of tin foil on top of the battery to try and improve the connection. If this doesn't fix it I'll probably return it. Really want to do some night photography tomorrow but if the worst comes to the worst and this remote isn't working I can always use the timer on the camera.

Last edited:
Sent my kit back for RMA today. Bit disappointing that after one use the £150 kit is broken but let's see what Nikon does with it. All I ever seem to do is send stuff back to them. :/

Update! Got it back today and it's working fine. It seems the issue was that I was using the wrong batteries. I was using CR2025 batteries and Nikon recommend using CR2032 batteries which are thicker and make better contact. The original battery I was using was whatever it came with and I didn't change it before I discovered it wasn't working, so if you're having the same issue I'd recommend verifying that you are using a CR2032 battery as a first step.

Back