Nikon Wu 1a - transferring pictures

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, I am new.

I have a Nikon D3200 and would like to transfer pictures to my iPhone.

Nikon have the adapter/accessory for this, called "Nikon Wu 1a" and it requires the App on your mobile device, which then allows for easy transfer of pictures from camera to phone.

But I would like to seek opinions. Are there any other options of wireless transferring of photo's to mobile device?

Also, I shoot in RAW format, and heard that sometimes when transferring, the Nikon App can freeze or crash because it is not good at handling the larger format size (RAW). Anyone had experience with this?

Thanks, Simon.

Hi Simon,

Welcome to TP, not used the wireless module but with my D90 I used a Toshiba Flash Air card and that worked okay with their app.

I have one for using with my D3300. Not used it for RAW files yet but I did use it when I was on holiday ealier this year for transfering JPEGs. I simply set the camera to shoot RAW and JPEG, figuring that if something disasterous happened I'd at least still have the JPEGs on my phone while waiting till I got home to use the RAWs. The wifi in the hotel I was staying it was iffy , at best, and couln't handle raw files.

I have one for using with my D3300. Not used it for RAW files yet but I did use it when I was on holiday ealier this year for transfering JPEGs. I simply set the camera to shoot RAW and JPEG, figuring that if something disasterous happened I'd at least still have the JPEGs on my phone while waiting till I got home to use the RAWs. The wifi in the hotel I was staying it was iffy , at best, and couln't handle raw files.

Okay thanks for input.

Hi Simon,

Welcome to TP, not used the wireless module but with my D90 I used a Toshiba Flash Air card and that worked okay with their app.

Also, just ordered a used one from Ebay for £17 - hopefully will be okay.

Back