Nikon Z 24-200mm anyone using it?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, recently I’ve gone mad with my Z stuff having gone fully mirrorless (apart from a 7200 and 200 at the back of the cupboard).

Has anyone got any hands on experience with the Z 24-200mm?

if you can give me your good and bad points I would appreciate it.

I’ve got a tamron 70-200 G2, but this weighs almost three times more at 1500g as opposed to the 570g of the little one. Looking at reducing weight.

thanks.

Thanks for that @TGphoto I’ve watched Nigel’s video, but I’m looking for the ‘real man in the street’ version of a review :) you never know how much these influencer types are receiving to say what they do.

Thats true but he does talk about it compared to his other lenses quite a bit. I think he's really honest and wouldn't use it if he didn't like it.

Stuart is definitely genuine and has said a few times how much he likes it.

I do understand wanting the opinion of people on here as well

only limited use pottering around the house with it but i love it to bits, i used to own the holy trinity and i dont think ill miss them tbh, using this and the 14-30 i think the weight loss will more than make up for the slight drop in quality (i shoot landscape mainly i wouldnt reccomend swapping for sports)

Thanks for that @TGphoto I’ve watched Nigel’s video, but I’m looking for the ‘real man in the street’ version of a review :) you never know how much these influencer types are receiving to say what they do.
Stuart McGlennon is a member on TP. He’s not exactly your standard ’influencer‘, he’s a landscape photography gallery owner who happens to have branched out into YouTube to delve into another potential advertising market for his landscape gallery. Most influencers aren’t running their own gallery. They can be known to swap based on being paid by manufacturers so I can see your worry there.

Personally I’d take Stuart’s views on the lens over other youtubers as the lens has to be good enough to produce prints for him to sell in his gallery. If you‘ve ever been to Keswick and visited his gallery you’d have seen he prints quite big and far more often than most photographers. Stuart likely puts kit through their paces far more than most hobby photographer do. Professional photographers are more likely to be less gear obsessed than hobby photographers. A professional photographer likely sees kit as a tool to make a living rather than being a new shiny piece of must have bling.

Last edited:
Back