Nikon Z* mirrorless

Some great shots shared on here recently!

In slightly surprising news, according to Nikon Rumours, there's a sub-£1,000 Nikon Z 28-75 f/2.8 being announced tonight, that may in some way be linked to the Tamron lens of the same focal length... Interesting new partnership/distribution method in the making?

Yep. It’s on the UK Nikon website £949

ive got the earlier Sony version. It’s very good.

In slightly surprising news, according to Nikon Rumours, there's a sub-£1,000 Nikon Z 28-75 f/2.8 being announced tonight, that may in some way be linked to the Tamron lens of the same focal length... Interesting new partnership/distribution method in the making?

Bit of an odd one for me. I get it’s a 2.8, but it’s not an S lens & the f4 24-70 is such a stellar performer and cheaper!

Bit of an odd one for me. I get it’s a 2.8, but it’s not an S lens & the f4 24-70 is such a stellar performer and cheaper!
Same here. We have a lot of standard zooms to choose from.
I suppose it will suffice as a cheaper and lighter wedding and events lens.
Apparently it is the older Tarmron design, the newer one being better.
If Nikon made this a stellar lens it would take sales away from their expensive 24-70 2.8 S.

Personally I’m less excited about this lens in particular, and more so about what it could represent - if Nikon can suddenly massively expand the lens lineup by re-housing certain tamron designs then there could be some interesting stuff in the pipeline at reasonable prices, for those of us that don’t need the top-of-the-range S stuff!

Personally I’m less excited about this lens in particular, and more so about what it could represent - if Nikon can suddenly massively expand the lens lineup by re-housing certain tamron designs then there could be some interesting stuff in the pipeline at reasonable prices, for those of us that don’t need the top-of-the-range S stuff!
Hopefully a 70-200 F4!

In slightly surprising news, according to Nikon Rumours, there's a sub-£1,000 Nikon Z 28-75 f/2.8 being announced tonight, that may in some way be linked to the Tamron lens of the same focal length... Interesting new partnership/distribution method in the making

The 800 6.3 could be a game changer…. If it’s as light and good as the other pf lenses, pair that with a z9 and nikon could see people switching from other systems across on their move to mirrorless. I’m all for faster aperture lenses, however, the cost is epic on the super tele front - from all brands. Nikons latest 120-300 2.8 and 180-400 are crazy expensive - the 300 & 500 pf lenses look good value and 800 6.3 albeit a 1/3rd slower than the monster 800 5.6 is very appealing. Especially if it’s lighter

Pentax have been doing this with Tamron on the odd lens for a while (and Tokina to a lesser extent) and the price is always at least a good 30% higher than the Tamron.

Pentax have been doing this with Tamron on the odd lens for a while (and Tokina to a lesser extent) and the price is always at least a good 30% higher than the Tamron.
But you get the Nikon buy in that a fw upgrade wont leave you with a 3rd party paperweight

Got my Z7 and 24-70 F4 s lens, definitely the sharpest lens I’ve ever used that comes as a kit.

I paid £1600 for the Z7 and 24-70 brand new which is crazy considering the 24-70 F4 is £900 in most places in the UK.

Last edited:
I paid £900 for my Z5 and 24-50 , now may have to save for 24-70

A little surprised to see no posts about the new Z9. I believe some stores in the UK have had an initial stock allocation. Not mine it would seem though :(
Anybody on here got one, and if so which store did it come from?

A little surprised to see no posts about the new Z9. I believe some stores in the UK have had an initial stock allocation. Not mine it would seem though :(
Anybody on here got one, and if so which store did it come from?

i was 8th in the list at Clifton Cameras but I heard they got 7

Think we are all scared to say anything about Z9 as we’re all still waiting by sounds of it, still thinking around march for mine and that’s me being optimistic.

I’m on the Clifton Cameras Z9 list, not sure on my position. I think the Z9 is to much for me, not the cost, just the technical side of it.

Think we are all scared to say anything about Z9 as we’re all still waiting by sounds of it, still thinking around march for mine and that’s me being optimistic.
In stock @ Digital Rev If you don’t want to wait until March.

I’m on the Clifton Cameras Z9 list, not sure on my position. I think the Z9 is to much for me, not the cost, just the technical side of it.
I think it is a camera you could be as technical as you want it to be wit it, as with any camera. ;)

At it's most basic of Aperture Priority, focus on the closest thing or face, and it would, I imagine, work as good or better than most cameras, and the hi fps allowing more chances of capturing the 'the moment'.

If you plan on anything fast moving, then again, basic settings should be pretty good, experience with the camera and getting used to its capabilities would yield more 'keepers' over time. I think it is a camera that while not cheap, should last a long time, so that has to be taken into account as far as value is concerned, as well as hopefully the increased number of 'keepers' all that tech will help you get. :)
Or don't mind paying £435 above RRP for a grey.
When the D500 came out I decided to go grey with Panamoz, as there were none available in the UK. Saved £100 too. :) Not regretted it for a moment. I knew it was a camera I would have for a long time, as it was so far ahead of anything else. Imho, for crop sensor DSLR's, it has not been surpassed. The AF, the higher fps and better high ISO performance has got me pictures I may not have got before, and that should be the main reason for getting a new camera, more/better pictures. ;)

I think im actually ok with the wait, Don’t get me wrong I would have loved to use one next weekend but knew that was never going to happen when I ordered so I can live with the wait (For now)

I watched all day the clouds here, mid day they closed up and turned grey but by 3pm I could see some blue with more blue still to come.
Off we set on our 1 hr 15m drive to my port of call.
Here is Cap Taillat just outside St Tropez.
1st shot is with Z6ii with Tamron 70-200 @ 70mm, f9 and 364.4 seconds
Shot 2 with Z24-70 @ 30mm, f4 and 8 seconds.

Cap Taillet by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Cap taillet 4 by Graham Elliott, on Flickr

Anyone know if there is any FTZ 2 adaptors available- a ling shot i know but i managed to get a Z9 by asking on the forum. Cheers.
I do not have one but wondered if you have your Z9 in your hands yet ? Looking forward to your honest review and feelings, I do think its going to be a belter of a camera from what I can tell (disregarding all the chaff and moans from every inexperienced users online)

Adam i have just had the tracking number sent to me from Panamoz. It will track better than my D5 and D850 for sure which will be a help. Anything else i can work around to suit my style of photography. The memory cards are an issue to some but mainly for those doing video which i seldom do and im likely to set it to 15fps most if the time allowing any decent cf express card to keep up. It will be a learning curve for sure to try and get the best from it but tgat likely wont happen until a swap all my lenses over to the newer z. Mount lenses when Nikon get them all released..Will update once i get a lens on and start shooting.

Last edited:
Adam i have just had the tracking number sent to me from Panamoz. It will track better than my D5 and D850 for sure which will be a help. Anything else i can work around to suit my style of photography. The memory cards are an issue to some but mainly for those doing video which i seldom do and im likely to set it to 15fps most if the time allowing any decent cf express card to keep up. It will be a learning curve for sure to try and get the best from it but tgat likely wont happen until a swap all my lenses over to the newer z. Mount lenses when Nikon get them all released..Will update once i get a lens on and start shooting.
I see they had it in stock last night :)

Yes I think it will be perfect for you and your photography and mine hopefully at some point when I press the trigger in the coming months when the dust settles and I get some funds together.

Really looking forward to seeing your posts on it

Back