Nikon Z* mirrorless

Z8 almost down now to the magical £3k mark - from e-infinity.

Soon be time to jump in @viewfromthenorth!
Ha, yes I noticed that the other day! I’ll probably pull the trigger around March / April, when I get my annual bonus, but which will doubtless coincide with an unforeseen new global chip shortage and a 50% increase in prices…..

In fairness I have bought from E-infin quite a few times with no issues. Never had to claim under warranty though. Thinking about it, never had to claim under warranty for any photography kit from anywhere.
if you are doing well in terms of not needing after sales support then it doesn't matter. Though e-infinity from what I hear is one of the slowest ones in terms of delivery.
The two grey importers I mentioned above have 4-5 days delivery turnaround versus 2-ish weeks with e-infin.

Closer to £3k here

On but from panamoz for £30

Definitely would avoid e-infinity
My post wasn't supposed to be an endorsement of e-infinity, I'm merely pointing out the falling price.

That said, I'd sooner buy from e-infinity (as I've done several times before) than from a place I've never even heard of (Camera in the Post).

I think it's a largely shared view here that Panamoz is by far the best of the grey retailers, for various reasons. When I buy myself I'll be approaching them with my best price and asking them for theirs, I've found them quite flexible like that.

if you are doing well in terms of not needing after sales support then it doesn't matter. Though e-infinity from what I hear is one of the slowest ones in terms of delivery.
The two grey importers I mentioned above have 4-5 days delivery turnaround versus 2-ish weeks with e-infin.
Generally less than a week when I have dealt with E-Infinty.. 8 days tops...

I too would discuss matching costs with Panama as well.

Last edited:
My post wasn't supposed to be an endorsement of e-infinity, I'm merely pointing out the falling price.

That said, I'd sooner buy from e-infinity (as I've done several times before) than from a place I've never even heard of (Camera in the Post).

I think it's a largely shared view here that Panamoz is by far the best of the grey retailers, for various reasons. When I buy myself I'll be approaching them with my best price and asking them for theirs, I've found them quite flexible like that.
I understand, I wasn't trying to imply you were if it came across as that.

simply pointing out alternatives.

Generally less than a week when I have dealt with E-Infinty.. 8 days tops...

I too would discuss matching costs with Panama as well.

fair enough, never dealt with them personally. there are bad experiences reported on this forum and elsewhere though.
Their after sales isn't always the best from what I read and hear, I personally have no intention of finding out for myself.

Was simply providing alternatives I feel were better based on reviews and such. that's all.

Yeah to be fair to e-infinity, delivery has never been an issue for me. They send a picture of the it with your name on it and generally arrives in 8-10 days.

fair enough, never dealt with them personally. there are bad experiences reported on this forum and elsewhere though.
Their after sales isn't always the best from what I read and hear, I personally have no intention of finding out for myself.

Was simply providing alternatives I feel were better based on reviews and such. that's all.
(y)

Do we have lot of Zf users here?
What shop did you buy it from?

This is unbelievable that Zf in UK costs £2300, but in US its $2000, its like £1600 - obviously you would need to add VAT and custom fees, so it would be around £2000, but not £2300!

This is unbelievable that Zf in UK costs £2300, but in US its $2000, its like £1600 - obviously you would need to add VAT and custom fees, so it would be around £2000, but not £2300!
Not sure why but it seems we are getting the raw end of the deal with cameras.

Recently Sony announced a camera and a lens both at $6000 each.
In UK the camera is £6099 while lens is £5800.
Makes no sense... Unless camera bodies incur a higher tax

Zf is a thing is beauty. I'm just surprised they haven't updated the Z6 lineup yet. So if you want an upgrade to your Z6 especially for AF improvements, Zf is the only option.

Last edited:
Not sure why but it seems we are getting the raw end of the deal with cameras.

Recently Sony announced a camera and a lens both at $6000 each.
In UK the camera is £6099 while lens is £5800.
Makes no sense... Unless camera bodies incur a higher tax

Zf is a thing is beauty. I'm just surprised they haven't updated the Z6 lineup yet. So if you want an upgrade to your Z6 especially for AF improvements, Zf is the only option.

I've read somewhere that there are solid rumors about new release - Z6iii in Q1-Q2 2024.

I need to find someone I know who will travel to US soon and get me Zf for £1600. I'm not paying premium for it here:(

I've read somewhere that there are solid rumors about new release - Z6iii in Q1-Q2 2024.

I need to find someone I know who will travel to US soon and get me Zf for £1600. I'm not paying premium for it here:(
The issue isn't sourcing one from US. Once you have it here if there are issues you are without any cover or warranty etc. Even returning it will be hard.

Taking my newly acquired Z8 (grey bought at Panamoz) out for a ride a bit. Amazing how it can keep up with a flying dog...even with an old 300/2.8 with FTZ.
A world of difference compared to my old Z6 and how easy it is to track with a blackout free viewfinder.

Grace by luftwalk, on Flickr

Gasping for air by luftwalk, on Flickr

Not so graceful by luftwalk, on Flickr

Workout in the woods by luftwalk, on Flickr

More on my Flickr

Taking my newly acquired Z8 (grey bought at Panamoz) out for a ride a bit. Amazing how it can keep up with a flying dog...even with an old 300/2.8 with FTZ.
A world of difference compared to my old Z6 and how easy it is to track with a blackout free viewfinder.

Grace by luftwalk, on Flickr

Gasping for air by luftwalk, on Flickr

Not so graceful by luftwalk, on Flickr

Workout in the woods by luftwalk, on Flickr

More on my Flickr
That's the way to go. Longer lenses always win here. Nice dog.

Great to hear feedback on running dogs with the FTZ adapter as that's what I'm considering and I very much agree on the blackout free viewfinder which I'd become very used on the A9 but then really appreciated how useful it is when tracking subjects on the D750 and having to deal with the blackouts.

Great to hear feedback on running dogs with the FTZ adapter as that's what I'm considering and I very much agree on the blackout free viewfinder which I'd become very used on the A9 but then really appreciated how useful it is when tracking subjects on the D750 and having to deal with the blackouts.
It works well, the native Z lenses are faster of course, but the F mount stuff works and I had a shot of 350 something images shot at 120 FPS with the JPG setting using the F mount 300mm f2.8 AF-S II and all of them were in focus...back when I tested the Z9 (which I decided was too big for my needs)
View: https://www.flickr.com/photos/luftwalk/52361330266/in/dateposted-public/

I had a friend some years back who flew out to thr US to buy his gear and even photoshop. He had a flight, a week in new york, and bought the gear he wanted, nikon, and saved money on the uk price. Doubt he payed any tax mind.

I had a friend some years back who flew out to thr US to buy his gear and even photoshop. He had a flight, a week in new york, and bought the gear he wanted, nikon, and saved money on the uk price. Doubt he payed any tax mind.
Doubt that would be possible today, given the exchange rates. Also not sure that's the saving would be any better (?) than buying grey from the like of Panamoz.

I think I'm right in saying too that the US prices we see exclude local sales tax. City and State sales tax in NYC is close to 10% I think.

Sorry guys, I`m having a bit of a Brain melt down here (and windows didn`t help, It died on my PC)
What is the download program that I can get so I can see the Photos on the Desk top. I know it`s a Nikon one but I can`t find it or think of the name :headbang:
And I`m not talking about programs like FastStone or the like.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, I`m having a bit of a Brain melt down here (and windows didn`t help, It died on my PC)
What is the download program that I can get so I can see the Photos on the Desk top. I know it`s a Nikon one but I can`t find it or think of the name :headbang:
Is it the Nikon RAW codec you're looking for?

Or the RAW image extension:

Nikon View NX.
But I would recommend that you try FastStone Image Viewer. https://www.faststone.org/

Lowest sales tax states:
  • Alaska: 0%
  • Delaware: 0%
  • Montana: 0%
  • New Hampshire: 0%
  • Oregon: 0%
Great if you live there but presumably if you land into B&H in NYC you'll end up paying the local city and state tax by default?

Great if you live there but presumably if you land into B&H in NYC you'll end up paying the local city and state tax by default?
That's my understanding and I found it confusing as the prices on shelves are without the sales tax and they add it on when you purchase the item, I thought I was being ripped off initially until a friend explained it to me.

That's my understanding and I found it confusing as the prices on shelves are without the sales tax and they add it on when you purchase the item, I thought I was being ripped off initially until a friend explained it to me.

Yeah I remember looking into this years ago when the exchange rate was much better. My sister lives in Louisiana and I was going to order from B&H for delivery to her, then get her to bring it with her on next visit home. Turns out Louisiana has the highest sales tax in the whole country! B&H would collect this at point of sale, based on the order address.

Hopefully there are other easy destinations in the US. One night in NYC cost ridiculous money and it is frankly one of the three places in US I would rather not be crossing at all. As you may guess the other two are Chicago and large cities in CA.

Hopefully there are other easy destinations in the US. One night in NYC cost ridiculous money and it is frankly one of the three places in US I would rather not be crossing at all. As you may guess the other two are Chicago and large cities in CA.
I would say if you want this then I know in the past that you could get a Sales Tax Exemption if you were a non-USA resident as I did this when I purchased my D1X in Philadelphia and I got a refund at the US Customs office at Philadelphia airport. All I had to do was show the sales receipt at the office and my air ticket back to UK. They refunded the money via my credit card that I used to purchase the camera.

Last edited:
New grip for Zf, from Neewer.

It comes with brass shutter button! :)
https://neewer.com/products/neewer-l-bracket-for-nikon-zf-camera-66603919

1_8ec3341e-94d2-414c-b15a-fe9d9145347e_900x.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cBUtK_AfyPg

Just ordered a Nikon 100-400mm from Park Cameras.
With their current discount, and Black Friday promotion, price was £1,999.
Pretty good, I thought, for an authorised dealer.
Not much difference between them and Panamoz.
Should be with me in the morning :)

Last edited:
What do you think guys, will Nikon UK get Zf back in stock before Christmas?

Hi folks

Quick question. Can somebody recommend a decent memory card for the Z8?

I’ve not bought a memory card in years for the d800 and just wanted people’s experiences with them

Ta

Back