Nikon Z7 - is there any stock in the UK?

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I want to buy a Nikon Z7 and the ZTF adapter as quickly as possible. I think I've tried all the usual online shops but does anyone know if there is stock anywhere in the UK for immediate delivery?

I could even be talked into the 24-70 if it speeded things up.

Unfortunately I waited before placing an order to see some of the reviews.

Thanks

Stevie

Hi,

as far as I am aware, they aren't available yet..... seem to be pre-order's only at most places. (I could be wrong though).
Have Nikon released an official release date?

Hi,

as far as I am aware, they aren't available yet..... seem to be pre-order's only at most places. (I could be wrong though).
Have Nikon released an official release date?

I thought the release date was at the end of September there and the initial stock was gone. Maybe you are right and I'm jumping the gun. I thought the like of LCE did a hands on already. I'm in NI so not many camera shops to look in!

Stevie

I thought the release date was at the end of September there and the initial stock was gone. Maybe you are right and I'm jumping the gun. I thought the like of LCE did a hands on already. I'm in NI so not many camera shops to look in!

Stevie

WEX in Belfast would probably be your best option if you want to use a local store they are still taking pre orders.

Wex are listing the Z7 as in stock just not the version with the adapter, couldn't hurt to ask them?

Rang them there to see. They have just got some bodies in but no adapters or even Z mount lenses as I would have gone that route either unfortunately. Will put my pre-order in and hope I don't have to wait long.

Thanks

Anyone got their Z7 recently through standard retailers?

I preordered one through Grays of Westminster in September, even paid it in full to secure my order, but still no show. They say a few weeks as they still go through waiting list. Perhaps I should have gone through grey instead of Grays :) as Asian importers seem to have them in stock occasionally.

Anyone got their Z7 recently through standard retailers?

I preordered one through Grays of Westminster in September, even paid it in full to secure my order, but still no show. They say a few weeks as they still go through waiting list. Perhaps I should have gone through grey instead of Grays :) as Asian importers seem to have them in stock occasionally.

The Grey prices are still a bit high, very little price difference between that and UK.

I spoke to Park Cameras today and they thought they may have stock at the end of the week but that you applied to Nikon for the XQD card. Since I don't have any I don't want that.

I also spoke to WEX as my order is with them and they say they hope to have the stock in the next few weeks. They say the card is in the box though.

Don't really know.

Got my hands on one in Southampton LCE at the weekend, they had both the body and adapter.

Yes. They are indeed inflated. Especially considering you get a free XQD card with preorder in UK.

However, they do advertise stock while retailers don't :)

I don’t really get why the greys are inflated, the Canon EOS R is much cheaper than its UK cost!

Last edited:
I must admit I'm getting tired of waiting. Checked LCE but they are out again. I understand that Park only got a few of their pre-orders this week and WEX told me they are expecting stock in November but no idea when. As I see it it is very bad for the dealers if that is the way the manufacturers are treating them. Starting to have dark thoughts about an XT3 again but really wanted the Z7 so that I wouldn't have to buy all new lenses. That said I could get a right bit for what I'm looking at spending on the Z!

I don’t really get why the greys are inflated, the Canon EOS R is much cheaper than its UK cost!

In fact I think the Z7 is way more expensive than it should be. Grey or not. I wouldn't be surprised if they reduced the price once the initial demand settles down.

The Z7 is a good camera though and does have some cool features compared to DSLR being a mirrorless, but it is pricey for what it is. I guess the price should be somewhere at Sony A7R III level which is close feature wise. Not at Sony A9 level which is more advanced tier IMHO.

Last edited:
I know that on Nikon DSLR there is sometimes a neccessity to micro adjust. My question is, if I want to use a Nikon zoom adapted. Is there any requirement to Micro adjust. Is it even possible?

As focus is taken off the chip I'd guess that there's no MA to worry about. It should be the same with a DSLR in live view, surely.

The problem with DSLR focusing which makes MA necessary AFAIK is a mechanical misalignment between where the sensor is and where the focus sensor is. When taking focus off the sensor this shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
As focus is taken off the chip I'd guess that there's no MA to worry about. It should be the same with a DSLR in live view, surely.

The problem with DSLR focusing which makes MA necessary AFAIK is a mechanical misalignment between where the sensor is and where the focus sensor is. When taking focus off the sensor this shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks Toby

A colleague has one, so they do physically exist :) Good luck - nikon never seem to manage to meet pro demand on release, they'll trickle through soon enough. I'm torn between hurrying up for the free xqd, or waiting 6 months...

Back