Nintendo switch

Had mine since launch day, very pleased with it. I’ve also got a PS4 Pro. The Switch’s big plus point is the Nintendo exclusives, the Marios and Zeldas amongst others. If you want to play those games then getting a Switch is a no-brainer. The convenience of swapping to handheld, when the wife is watching dreck on the TV for example, is very useful and another plus point. It doesn’t have the power of the PS or XBox but it doesn’t matter too much. No apps as yet either, so no Netflix for example although it’s surely only a matter of time.

Yes i would love zelda and I'm not too fussed if its not massively powerd just as long as its not laggy and has a decent enough battery for a couple hours playing handsfree. My main reason is i don't get enough time to sit at the TV as much as i would like with the Xbox and get into a game however with the switch i can play it at the tv for a little bit and pick up straight away with the built in screen! Im going to take the plunge and try it at least!

I've also had one since launch and its well exceeded my expectations.
I probably got caught up in the initial hype with the purchase but the "big hitters" like Zelda, Mario Kart and Super Mario Odyssey are brilliant.
There's also a huge range of other titles that I've sunk countless hours into like Stardew Valley, Sonic Mania, Splatoon 2 and Rocket League.
I picked up Skyrim last Friday not expecting much but its brilliant, the being able to plug in or pick-up and take the thing with you is brilliant!!

My son has an old Xbox - cant remember which one but must be 10 years old, only plays FIFA on it (15 or 16 I think). So would FIFA play similar on one of these, obviously it probably wont be up to PS4 standards but still pretty good (unlike something like the wii)

Thanks Chris my games that i really want are zelda, mario cart, skyrim ive not looked inti all the games massivley if im hinest but just think the way i can play on the tv and portable better for my lifestyle at the moment!

As a non gamer, any recommendations for games for a 10yo - am thinking Mario Cart, Fifa and Zelda - any others?

Rocket League is good too, better on XB1/PS4 but you cannot take them out with you.
Ive never got around that that i nearly got it for my xbox when it was released but i dont use my xbox enough and when i do i need to update it by which time theres no point playing!!

If i get it it will be for the switch.

Do you use the pro controller and also do you find much difference i price with physical games compared to the estore prices?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Ive never got around that that i nearly got it for my xbox when it was released but i dont use my xbox enough and when i do i need to update it by which time theres no point playing!!

If i get it it will be for the switch.

Do you use the pro controller and also do you find much difference i price with physical games compared to the estore prices?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Talk Photography Forums mobile app

Most of the time physical are cheaper which is a PITA.

Yes use Pro Controller at home docked

Yes thats what i was expecting, really frustrating as its the same with the Xbox!

I think the pro controller may be worth it but ill see how i get on with the joy cons first

The Switch really has a great catalogue considering it’s a fairly new machine. Ok, there’s ports and rereleases there but, all the same, there’s no lack of good games to play. I’ve not completed any of the games I’ve got as I find it hard to resist buying other stuff. I’ve got: Mario Odyssey, Zelda, Binding Of Isaac, Lego City Undercover, Mario & Rabbids and a couple of eShop games. I use the Pro Controller when playing on TV and leave the joycons on for handheld mode.

As a non gamer, any recommendations for games for a 10yo - am thinking Mario Cart, Fifa and Zelda - any others?

It’s worth giving Lego City Undercover a look. It’s one of the cheaper titles as well.

TBF i did look at the pro controller and think it is expensive, my plan was to just see how i get on with the joy cons first. I think looking into it my first 2 games are going to be mario odyssey and zelda, and those should keep me going for a bit at least!

I thought the same about the Pro controller at first, an expense I could do without, but after trying one I couldn’t resist buying one. You can clip the Joycons together with a gadget supplied with the Switch but it was a bit too small for my hands hence trying the Pro.

You’ll not finish Mario and Zelda in a hurry. I’ve got dozens of hours into both and nowhere near done on either.

Back