Nissan Silvia (200sx) S14.3

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot my friends lovely Nissan 200sx S14.3 the other night.

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE SET IN PROPER VIEWABLE SIZES

Anyone with this month's Banzai magazine will have seen the write up for this car.

4866872039_09b7718640_z.jpg

Here's my "Critique"

Background too prominant (the Cars the star?) or is it the crappy pallets? With those
f/2.8 lenses you have you should be able to sort out the DOF? Still as you only have a Head Gasket as a brain and thats out of a Datsun you can be forgiven . ... :D

Paul

I like the 7th and 11th in the set. 11th is my favourite though, focus is completely on the car.
Angles don't do it for me I'm afraid but understand it can be what people want..

Here's my "Critique"

Background too prominant (the Cars the star?) or is it the crappy pallets? With those
f/2.8 lenses you have you should be able to sort out the DOF? Still as you only have a Head Gasket as a brain and thats out of a Datsun you can be forgiven . ... :D

Paul
Downside with using f2.8 for that should would mean half the car would be OOF. there are a few longer focal legth shots in the set shot at f2.8 which really work. I don't think f2.8 would of worked in this situation.

I might have a head gasket for a brain but its holding in nearly 300bhp :).
I like the 7th and 11th in the set. 11th is my favourite though, focus is completely on the car.
Angles don't do it for me I'm afraid but understand it can be what people want..

Thanks for that. I've tried to keep the angles to a minimum on a few as they seemed to work a bit better than level shots.

Wrong you need to control the DOF which is a range of distance not just a flat plane of focus!!!

Here's my take,

Angles do nothing for these shot's.
To much crap around the car.

Sorry..;)

couple of OT posts removed

PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE SET IN PROPER VIEWABLE SIZES

If you'd resized to 800 instead of the 640 you've used here you wouldn't have had to do that :shrug: Very confused about why you can resize to 640 but not 800, unless I'm missing something :thinking:

couple of OT posts removed

If you'd resized to 800 instead of the 640 you've used here you wouldn't have had to do that :shrug: Very confused about why you can resize to 640 but not 800, unless I'm missing something :thinking:

First off thank you for removing those posts.

I upload to flickr as 1024px images, you can select different sizes from flickr but the next size down is 640px.

I've noticed a few other threads of people trying to post 1024px so I know its not just me that it's annoying for.

See if you can see this http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrenthorndick/4867489482/sizes/l/in/photostream/ you can see the available image sizes across the top.

I'm not going to worry about it anymore, I'll just do the rest of my threads like this one (y), just means I wont get many replies.

I'm not going to worry about it anymore, I'll just do the rest of my threads like this one (y), just means I wont get many replies.

probably best.

car looks awesome :D although I'm never too sure about the s14.3 thing, i prefer the s14 or s14a front ends to the 13 personally. photograph wise, interesting location, car is well lit and the pallet for me just adds a bit of background interest :)

Love it

And i also have this months Banzai, just had had a proper chance to read it yet

Back