Nissin 622 off camera

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all. I have a nissin 622mkii flash and use it off camera using a flash trigger (popup) from my 550d canon.

The nissin says it can be controlled by channel a group 1 if I had a commander type thing like the st3e. Is there a third party equivalent that would let me trigger the flash as I don't often want the popup providing fill. I am aware of getting sets of youngo rf603 or 622 but would like to continue using the nissin radio if possible.

603's and 622's will be your best bet, one for the camera, one for every other flash you want to trigger...job done

Hello all. I have a nissin 622mkii flash and use it off camera using a flash trigger (popup) from my 550d canon.

The nissin says it can be controlled by channel a group 1 if I had a commander type thing like the st3e. Is there a third party equivalent that would let me trigger the flash as I don't often want the popup providing fill. I am aware of getting sets of youngo rf603 or 622 but would like to continue using the nissin radio if possible.

There's the STE2 and the YN equivalent, that'll act as a flash controller in exactly the same way as the flash.

Or you could use an off camera cable. Or standard radio triggers (YN 603) or ettl radio triggers (YN 622)

So lots of choice depending on budget and requirements.

I've had a look around and very interested in the rf622c. Would I need a pair, or would one suffice since my nissin can be triggered using rf on group 1?

Cheers

I've had a look around and very interested in the rf622c. Would I need a pair, or would one suffice since my nissin can be triggered using rf on group 1?

Cheers

YN622 is a good choice, and amazing value. You need two - to act as transmitter and receiver. They only work with Type-II guns though, specifically Yongnuos and Canons. They may well work with others, but not guaranteed. Main thing is YN622 uses the in-camera flash control menus - can you control your Nissin in that way when on camera? If so, you may be lucky. Google to see if others have had success with the YN622 and your particular Nissin gun.

BTW, no flash guns have built-in radio control, apart from the Canon 600EX-RT and that needs a Canon radio master unit. Other guns all use light-codes to send/receive mastering signals.

Back