nissin flash gun

Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
hi anyone out there ever used nissin flashguns,di866 sounds good so any info would be appreciated

They're good. Not got one myself but have in the past. Nissin are big manufacturers and make a lot of OE stuff. Saw a magazine review recently and that gun came top IIRC - power, features, value. They get good rep on here too.

The only off brand ttl dedicated flashgun I would consider buying would be a metz hammerhead or a quantum, which do things that the Canons cant. Of course, for a manual flashgun, its a different matter, and I prefer the Nikon and Sunpaks for this.

If the price is the same, and it almost is for the di866 compared to the 430exII, what is the point?

cheers chris the point is i will require it to work off camera to act as a commander as well the 430 won,t do this but thanks for your feedback as i need all the help i can get !!!!!!

IMHO...

Metz - nothing special.

Quantum - very expensive.

Canon 430EXII - no master facility, average power.

Nissin Di866 - master capability, powerful, good value.

i had the nissin, its a fantastic flash.. only downside it is you can only trigger it optically. so in that sense it has to be a slave to onboard or another off camera flash.. its a shame really as i loved it for ettl work.

Thanks for all your comments i think the nissin sounds damn good value, the canon is nice but hard to justify outlay and the sigma is good as well so it,s time to bite the bullet and go for the nissin many thanks for your time gentlemen

cheers chris the point is i will require it to work off camera to act as a commander as well the 430 won,t do this but thanks for your feedback as i need all the help i can get !!!!!!

Incidentally I just found out that the new canon 7d built in flash can act as a commander ( first time ever in an EOS):clap:

Until Canon change something ever so slightly about their codes, and your Nissin flashgun no longer works properly. All Nissin is doing is interpreting what they think are the canon codes.

The 430 is as powerful as the 580 at ordinary zoom levels.

Manual is a different ball game altogether.

I've heard that Nissin flashguns don't like working with radio triggers like the rf602s.

I stand by what I said. Why take the risk? If you want ETTL, go Canon.

Having said that, a friend is having good experience with the Yongnuo 460 flashguns for canon ttl.

But the reason to buy these are that they are only 40 quid each, so worth a punt.

Until Canon change something ever so slightly about their codes, and your Nissin flashgun no longer works properly. All Nissin is doing is interpreting what they think are the canon codes.

The 430 is as powerful as the 580 at ordinary zoom levels.

Manual is a different ball game altogether.

I've heard that Nissin flashguns don't like working with radio triggers like the rf602s.

I stand by what I said. Why take the risk? If you want ETTL, go Canon.

I have not heard that about the RF-602 - certainly no problem with my 580EXMkI. TBH I don't know of any gun that will not work with the RF-602, it's the other cheapo ones that can have issues with some brands.

Having said that, a friend is having good experience with the Yongnuo 460 flashguns for canon ttl.

But the reason to buy these are that they are only 40 quid each, so worth a punt.

Yongnuo YN460 is manual only, not compatible with Canon E-TTL or any other auto-exposure TTL system.

i tried the nissin with the YN triggers and it definitely did not fire. just a heads up..

i tried the nissin with the YN triggers and it definitely did not fire. just a heads up..

To confirm, which Nissin flash and which Yongnuo triggers?

Back