No.21 - London backstreet

Really like this Paul, has a great atmosphere, with the weathered wood, glistening cobblestones and old style street lamps. I think the small alley to the right, with another street lamp makes it such a good composition. which area of London is this in? (I'm going to guess the East end?)

Very nice, more cobbles would have been nice but I guess there are some markings that had to be cropped out?? I pass an old fashioned butchers shop on my way to work and always figure it would make a good night shot like this, but there are no cobbles and a few modern streetlights to hide

Really like this Paul, has a great atmosphere, with the weathered wood, glistening cobblestones and old style street lamps. I think the small alley to the right, with another street lamp makes it such a good composition. which area of London is this in? (I'm going to guess the East end?)
Cheers Rob its near Spitalfields I think. In fairness I should have called in fagend lane as I had to clone out hundreds of little white dogends on the road and path :facepalm:

Hugely atmospheric, capturing the era
Cheers Paul.

Very nice, more cobbles would have been nice but I guess there are some markings that had to be cropped out?? I pass an old fashioned butchers shop on my way to work and always figure it would make a good night shot like this, but there are no cobbles and a few modern streetlights to hide
Thanks Ian, If I remember there was a large amount of rubbish bags near the right hand side leading to the alleyway

Like the composition and the processing, plus the white frame really helps in making the scene look old and fairly grim!

Really like this, no sign of modern life and it really captures that damp wet dark atmosphere.

Nice atmospheric pic Paul, is it me or does it look like the building is slightly leaning backward? Keystoning I think, easy correction in LR. Thanks for sharing.

Nice atmospheric pic Paul, is it me or does it look like the building is slightly leaning backward? Keystoning I think, easy correction in LR. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers Jonhty, I have looked at this a few time as it looked wonky to me but I have checked with the top window ledge and the lamppost and both are straight. I will have another look though :)

Features in the First Direct advert with the platypus.

It's Ezra Street just off Columbia Road - closish to Shoreditch/Brick Lane.

I have a very similar shot and my other half's interpretation has won awards at CC level. Your version is 'starker' than ours, I like it

Features in the First Direct advert with the platypus.

It's Ezra Street just off Columbia Road - closish to Shoreditch/Brick Lane.

I have a very similar shot and my other half's interpretation has won awards at CC level. Your version is 'starker' than ours, I like it

Cheers Peter, I'll have to check the advert out.... :)

Cheers Jonhty, I have looked at this a few time as it looked wonky to me but I have checked with the top window ledge and the lamppost and both are straight. I will have another look though :)

I think what it is is the window uprights either side of the Lampost, they seem to be diverging right and left as my eye travels up and that is the "clue" my brain is picking up on - maybe an optical illusion.
John

Really, really like it but there is a bit of a lean to my eye. Maybe getting lower would've worked better too?

I think what it is is the window uprights either side of the Lampost, they seem to be diverging right and left as my eye travels up and that is the "clue" my brain is picking up on - maybe an optical illusion.
John

Fabulous image..though I think it needs straightening, to me it slopes to the right

Robin

Really, really like it but there is a bit of a lean to my eye. Maybe getting lower would've worked better too?

moody, atmospheric , visually excellent.
Cheers everyone, I will check again tomorrow when I'm back home to see what I can do. I'm sure I adjusted the lens distortion and levels in light room automatically although I see what you mean as I re checked the horizontal along the bottom of the printers stationary line.

Back