No change

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hermes courier service had such a poor reputation that it changed its name to Evri. According to this poor soul whilst the name has changed the awful service hasn't.. It reminds me of that infamous remark by Obamah in the 2008 Vice-Presidential campaign and ,seemingly, directed at Sarah Palin, Alaskan Gov. who was running for Vice President with the GOP " You can put lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig." Obamah said it was directed at McCaine's policies.

Dated February 9th..ie this month.Claire Evans gave Cotton Trader one star on Trustpilot because of the way Evri delivered an item she'd bought from them. The reason I'm posting it is the the way she's written her complaint . Obviously not good english but so sincere and, you could say, from the heart.

Quote: Headed: I'm absolutely disgusted in this ...

I’m absolutely disgusted is this delivery service they gone through my neighbours back garden because there gate was open and chuck over the fence at my back door only just seen the post now that so wrong to go into someone els back graden it’s trespassing and wouldn’t of even know it was there if I hand not seen think line of the phone that had been sent"

Someone from Cotton Trader responded, apologising and telling her they would take it up with Evri.

I barely understood that quote. One has to wonder how much impact such a badly expressed complaint might have though.

As I've said many times, our Evri service here is very good and always has been.

The quote could be full of typos at the poster's hands. Pretty sure Obama has no "h" on the end...

Because of the tory obsessions, particularly with "the size of the state" and "private being best", the Royal Mail service has been run into the ground and a clutch of commercial (dis)organisations have replaced it.

These commercial groups have no tradition of good service and appear to pay the minimum salearies they can in order to compete on price. The Universal Obligation, which requires the Royal Mail to deliver everywhere in Great Britain for the same price, does not apply to these successors.

Inevitably, a delivery person going to the back of your property and tramping through the neighbour's garden to leave the parcel at your back door becomes a sign of "good" service - at least they didn't leave the parcel on the pavement outside the front door as an open invitation to steal it.

I had an item being delivered from the States last week (lens cap for my 500/4), and was being delivered by DHL eCommerce....got an email saying last Wednesday at 10.45 pm saying it had been delivered at 8.34. I was in all night.

It actually arrived 12.30 the next day, so 14 hours of stress. By Hermes! It's only changed its' name in the UK I believe.

No real issues with Hermes here either. Think it just depends on how good your local agent is.

Reactions: Nod
As I've said many times, our Evri service here is very good and always has been.

The quote could be full of typos at the poster's hands. Pretty sure Obama has no "h" on the end...
You're right..it doesn't. To keep it American....my bad. :)

No real issues with Hermes here either. Think it just depends on how good your local agent is.

I read a comment that supports what you say. In the midst of a lot of complaining about Evri someone had said they know their local delivery man and he knows everyone. It seems that if he didn't get a reply in the afternoon he'd return early evening. Now that's personal serviec par excellence. I didn't realise they can have one driver that stays in his local area.

Almost always the same Evri driver here. There seem to be 2 or 3 DPD drivers who get this route. Normally the same UPS driver (who has been known to give Mrs Nod a parcel at her work if he knows there's one for her in the van.) Rarely see a postie...

Back