No entry (2 images)

Edit My Images
Yes
Wanted to show the contrast between the barbwire and the pretty field and sky. Was tempted to include more of the gate but then it took attention away from the wire and the rest of the scene. Not sure which crop works better but I like both. Field and tree left OOF intentionally of course. tried a wider aperture but then the tree was blurred beyond recognition. Composed to include the patch of alternate colours on the left as it was just a blanket of yellow. I feel that although the attention remains mainly on the wire etc, the tree, field and sky are enough to invite the viewer to explore the rest of the scene too. Toyed with taking the same shot it diffuse light, but I like the harshness this light adds to the wire and it's shadows. Hope you like it. Comments would be great.

noentrysmall.jpg

noentrytightcropsmall.jpg

TBH, i'm not sure if i'd actually prefer there to be a full band of yellow. To me, the green/brown just looks kind of 'stuck there'.

Having said that, i'm no expert!

Yeah, it's really inconsiderate of nature to do things we don't want it to do!! ;) lol

Would have been cool if there was a mirror image of the green/brown on the other side.

Maybe!! Like I said i'm definitely no expert and could just be talking rubbish!

Last edited:
I hope you got a shot of the lone tree (y)

Looks like you had great weather, nice clouds and sun, something we havent seen in a few weeks down south !!!

thanks for the replies guys and glad you like the shot. it was only sunny for a few hours, but managed to bomb it down to the location and take this. Would certainly grab a shot of the tree, but it's quite ugly when clear and can't get any closer as it's on farm land.

I rather like these images, and I can't yet really put my finger on why.....I suspect it's the detail of the pattern in the steel gate.

Back