No Entry

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Another from the weekend, still got loads more to process but im really happy with the haul

Anglesey_3868_84_96.jpg

Last edited:
That is really, really nice. An interesting composition which would have often gone unnoticed

Oh, wow :eek:

I absolutely love that; a very interesting shot to be sure. Well done :clap:

wow :eek:

That really is something special.
Great job finding at capturing that

beautiful image...

Excellent shot Dave, you can almost see the wind. I need to get more into b&w it produces some stunning results.

Andy

thank you all for the comments :)

i must admit this trip has produced some great stuff for me, for such a small place there is a lot to have a go at, i hope to be boring you soon with some more soon ;)

Great light and composition. Almost looks like an infrared image. :)

there was work done but only in the tonal sense like some areas over exposed some under, normal B&W processing :)

Totally exquisite use of light, tone and texture. :clap:

Totally exquisite use of light, tone and texture. :clap:
beautiful , the lighting is perfectly captured
love it very mysterious 5*:clap:

thanks (y)

Excuse my noobness - when you say the normal B&W processing, do you mean (for example) using one of the pre-set options in Photoshop?

not a pre-set no, this is how i do it:

I did a contrast layer and punched it up quite a bit
then i always do 2 exposure layers, one over-exposed and one under-exposed both with layer masks on them, then i gently paint the lights and darks in with a feathered brush at around 5-20% depending how subtle i want the effect

thats the main things i do to get the effect but its not everything.

HTH

Last edited:
the background looks pretty prehistoric.. how did you manage this shot then.. maybes a look at the original would let us see how much you have done to the image?

this is how i do it:

I did a contrast layer and punched it up quite a bit
then i always do 2 exposure layers, one over-exposed and one under-exposed both with layer masks on them, then i gently paint the lights and darks in with a feathered brush at around 5-20% depending how subtle i want the effect

thats the main things i do to get the effect but its not everything.

HTH

this is how i did it

nah not really im just using one photo, its closer to dodging and burning which is a darkroom technique, look it up :)

Meant to ask earlier Dave, where was this taken, it looks very interesting?

Andy

thats very kind of you to say Luke thanks mate

Cracking image! Nice work!

this is the other version of this photo

Anglesey_2874_51_52_93.jpg

ye np mate

Cheers Dave. I'm only about 2 hours max from Anglesey and I've only been once. Situation will be rectified very soon.
Oh, and loving the 2nd image as well, like the way the path snakes through.

Andy

Last edited:
Back