No idea about CSC / micro 4/3 etc etc (ditching SLR etc)

Donnie would that lambretta cost a lot I posted or just a well looked after one?

Ah that's a good question, im pedantic and have an ethos that no lambretta on the planet is worth more than £2000 to £2500.
However, some people are willing to pay silly money based on supposed rarity and desirability etc.

So if it was me? Yeah I'd pay up to £2500 for that one, however, I could see that it could sell for up to £4000 if he was willing to wait for it.

It's a lovely series 1, relatively rarish, and a good straight looking restoration. If the tartan luggage is original, ie 50s or 60's I bet he'd get about £800 alone on ebay on that.

right had a look and feel of the epl5 in currys and quite like it, they also had a sony a5000 for 50 quid less which felt nicer in my hand, as did the fuji xa2 which was 40 dearer and very nice.

However, the omd 10 was in the back of my mind all the while, so, even though i was tempted by the one in the classifieds at £335, Jessops are doing one at £420 (30 off their regular price)

Then my daughter mentioned that her friend works at Jessops so a couple of texts later and I can get my hands on it for £360 with the 2 year warranty!

em10 II is you get any Donnie its has focus bracketing which is a very nice feature for macro...

I ditched the DSLR (Canon 5DIII) and went mirrorless and loved it for a while - I went to the OMD E-M1, a brilliant camera and system and Olympus really do support their kit with serval revisions firmware improvements - new features too, not just fixes for obscure lens combinations - and with another update due out next month that will again improve it despite it being old(ish) but... and there was a but for me - my style such as it is involves that pop from full frame, now don't get me wrong if you got the 75mm 1.8 you get close, but it wasn't quite enough for me so I moved back to DSLR (Nikon this time).

Nothing against MFT or mirrorless, the advantages of size and the EVF is incredible, I just missed the full frame look - and it took me a fair while to figure out why I was unhappy with my shots, so it was just not for me...

Just a bit of a heads up in case, certainly not meant to put you off, as I said MFT is great and some of the lenses really do bring out an incredible amount of detail.

Just read your last post - I also had the EM-10, a very nice little camera too - totally sucked at continuous focus, but most MFT do (except the E-M1 which they boosted in firmware) - that said I could take decent shots of fastish targets by leaving it on single shot and poking the touch screen to take a picture.

If you do go for the 10, I would highly recommend getting the grip - its not a battery one and adds little to the weight, but it improves the feel of it no end and also helps a lot if\when you get a heavier lens like the 12-40 pro or the 75mm 1.8.

Back