No more Samsung in the UK

Who?o_O

Not surprised,they do make some good cameras,but they dont seem to sell.

Most of my mobiles have been Samsung :)

Millions have, in fairness. Think they have 35% of the TV market in the UK - or something silly?

But cameras? Nah...
In the old days I used to veer towards Hitachi for TVS Pioneer for In car stereo and home music, JVC for video. Now we tend to go for Toshiba for TVS, and car music gadgets, whatever comes with the car.

I bought a Samsung Camera last, Total Crap went back the next day.

Now waiting for the same on their Mobile Phones, had about 5 all rubbish, last one paid £299, MiniS4, scrapped it in less than 12 Months. Got a £99 SONY and twice as good

Those who bought the NX1 at full price must be feeling a bit sick. There might be a fire sale of remaining stock but that would be a bit like buying a Sony Betamax. The NX1 seemed to be a good camera in the making but it was priced too high given the pedigree that Samsung had for cameras, more mongrel than top breed. The Samsung Tabs are very good, the Samsung Tab S 10.5 is superb at discounted prices, but my Galaxy Ace phone was just plain rubbish.

Those who bought the NX1 at full price must be feeling a bit sick.

I had to look that up. Didn't even know it existed.

I remember, a few months ago, someone advertising a brand new Samsung CSC and lenses that they'd won in a competition - and they were stuggling to shift it for 60% retail price. I thought that was quite telling.

I've had 2 Samsung compact cameras. First one was brilliant, but died eventually. Current EX1 does for a lot of things, even video. Wouldn't cry over them pulling out, though.

Have a Samsung NX30 and really like it. Doesn't replace my Nikon D610, but still very handy camera, on certain occasions.

The NX1 is an excellent camera but, ultimately, not enough pro lens choice.

I can't see much of a fire sale happening, for the last few months I think WEX have been pretty much the only place to have stock of the NX1, and that was for the more expensive kit bundle.

The irony is, the NX1 was arguably the best all round mirrorless camera on the market. Anyone with one holding out for the 300mm 2.8 must be feeling pretty rubbish, although I don't think I've ever come across anyone with one.

It would have been an exceptional buy at £500 or so, but they just never budged from the very high end price.

Last edited:
They pulled out of PCs in Europe a year or two ago too. A pity as my Samsung ultrabook is a little gem.

Back