No Pics (yet?)

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Heard today about a Bittern and Bearded Tits at a reasonably close location so I'm going to bed early and will be out with all the gear early tomorrow morning. Forecast is good so fingers crossed.........:D

Last edited:
Good luck...never seen a bearded tit.....

Last edited:
Thanks! I've never seen either of them and knowing my luck, I'll be saying the same tomorrow.:(

:LOL:

Bill Oddie - Very good!(y)

Ah well, I sat and froze for most of the day. The water in front of me was sheet ice from the moment I arrived (8am) until the moment I left (4pm) when the light was beginning to go.:thumbsdown:

Despite all my hopes, the Bittern and Bearded Tits were a no-show.:crying:

Fantastic light throughout the day though and I saw a number of previously un-photographed birds inc Whooper Swans & Greylag Geese which I'll post up shortly.

After my first ever Waxwings at the beginning of the week, I suppose I can't complain.:shrug:

There's always another day.......:)

Well done John, 8 hours is a fair old time to be out in the cold.
Look forward to seeing your piccys of the Whoopers.

The bearded tit is a lovely little bird, I got them in Norfolk. Still looking for a bittern though, good luck with your hunt.

Join up with Gosforth Park Iain mate. Perfect time of year for the Bittern.

The bearded tit is a lovely little bird, I got them in Norfolk. Still looking for a bittern though, good luck with your hunt.

Bittens at GP show quite often, usually as fly pasts but can how in the rides cut into the reeds by the warden. Also worth a visit is Cresswell/ and East Chevington, patience is reqd though. Beardies are much rarer but have occurred at a number of sites in Northumberland.

IMG_4887_1gp200.jpg

IMG_4962_1200.jpg

g.p. is definitely the place to see these guys...

May have to make a visit then. Is it there now?

Yes Will may be 2, best chance for seeing one in the rides is when the lake is frozen, you need to be a member of the Natural History society of Northumbria, but you can go in as a guest with a member you need a key to get into the hides. BTW its a bit clarty at the moment.

Back