No picture-just a question

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
I looked out of my window today and saw several small birds at my bird table that I hadnt seen before. I didnt get a really good look as I was more interested in getting my camera but they were a bit smaller than a sparrow and had a white stripe down the top of their heads, and quite long tails. I wondered if they were long tailed tits but they didnt seem very pink.Any ideas please? of course by the time I got the camera they were gone cause my friend looked out the window and scared them.:)

Hard to tell from the description but if you think the tail was as long as a Long Tailed Tit then it might well of been, some of the LTT`s can show no pink to their feathers, I have seen some that are almost black and white :D

I will go along with Rich on this one sounds like a long tailed tit
Regards
Richard

Glad to be of assistance - if you want more just hang out some fat balls - that is if you can keep the starlings away! If you check on my postings you will see one that got inside the fat ball holder.

see "Trying to be a cage bird"

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is the size difference in them as well. At the moment I have about 15-20 patroling around, and there are a few that seem really small. Maybe someone could tell me if they might well be last years juveniles, if so I take it that they do not seem to mature to full size birds as quick as some of our other species. :shrug:

Last edited:
One thing I have noticed is the size difference in them as well. At the moment I have about 15-20 patroling around, and there are a few that seem really small. Maybe someone could tell me if they might well be last years juveniles, if so I take it that they do not seem to masture to full size birds as quick as some of our other species. :shrug:

Funny enough Rich i have also noticed that with the Blue tits around my feeders Being as the weather was so mild i wonder if they are a late Brood from last year
Regards
Richard

If there were a number of them together then chances are they'll be long tailed tits. I don't think I've ever seen one on it's own :D

Funny enough Rich i have also noticed that with the Blue tits around my feeders Being as the weather was so mild i wonder if they are a late Brood from last year
Regards
Richard

Rumour has it that your Tits are small Rich :thinking: But yeh they might well be a late brood, if that is the case then the little guy`s have done well to survive the cold spell we have had.

Back