No Room at The Inn

Name
Guy Cope
Edit My Images
No
My trip to try and capture the Ospreys met with a slight hitch but I was still able to capture some wonderful acts of nature in the form of Mr & Mrs Swallow and "the kids"

Here's the youngsters (aka "The Al Jolson Appreciation Society") waiting patiently for the arrival of Mum or Dad

GuyCope_Swallow_Hirundo%20rustica_05.jpg

Like some "wobbly-headed Muppet Show extras", the young ones suddenly sense the arrival of the parent and food

GuyCope_Swallow_Hirundo%20rustica_07.jpg

The proud parent poses for the camera with her young

GuyCope_Swallow_Hirundo%20rustica_04.jpg

"Bullseye" - Aiming for 5 tiny mouths must be a task and a half but she manages it perfectly

GuyCope_Swallow_Hirundo%20rustica_06.jpg

"Incoming" - It's not always one parent doing the feeding.

GuyCope_Swallow_Hirundo%20rustica_03.jpg

Like a precision tag-team the parents flit in and out with an endless supply of insects for their young.

GuyCope_Swallow_Hirundo%20rustica_02.jpg

"Do You Think He's Watching Us?" - Occasionally the parents would land on the truss in front of the nest and right infront of me and seemingly case me out (or just pure show off for me)....Seems the males of the bird world don't get much peace either !!!!!!!!!

GuyCope_Swallow_Hirundo%20rustica_01.jpg

The only distraction worthy of pulling me away from this wonderful display of family life was when my hosts called from the garden to say they had a very different garden visitor for me to photograph.

GuyCope_Adder_Viper_Berus.jpg

Last edited:
Great images and story board Guy :LOL:, thanks for sharing (y)

Excellent series. :clap:

Back