Noah Candids

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Long time reader but first time posting, Would like some C+C on these candid shots of my 2 year old son. We were walking the dog in the park with the camera and I was trying to learn to use the camera in manual( complete noob here). I know the tree one is blown out and can now see that the tree is in focus and not him , but its my wife's favourite . Just some pointers for the future would be great.
Cheers
Lee
3942312198_963c90137c_o.jpg

3942312502_1a720a300e_o.jpg

Last edited:
I find the pics to be a little underexposed for the most part, easily adjusted in pp particularly if you shoot in raw.

Your own crit applies but a lovely subject:)

Welcome to TP

N.B. If you tick the edit box in your cp then other users cam edit your posted image to show you how they do it.

The box is ticked! didn't know about it to be honest. I think I may have underexposed them due to the highlights being blown. My PP skills(and camera skills) are very limited!

I think you've answered yourself really with ref to exposure. Your subject is in the shade so you need to expose for that. The highlights from the bright sun will blow, but unless you can lift the subject's lighting then I'm afraid you have no choice. As said, if shooting RAW then highlights are easier to recover, but it's still posible if not.

I like them both! You're right about the tree being in focus not your boy but I can see why your wife likes it all the same!

Hey park.

Like the subject, he looks like a cheeky bugger ..

Im not any good at the c+c but here it goes.
Like psifox said the photos look under exposed, but more towards the second photograph i cant help but notice it looks half divided, its hard sometimes trying to capture a child and apply the rule of thirds and adjust all your settings (as you said shooting in manual) and trying to get the perfect photo all in one go.

Anyways hope this helps and welcome to tp. Keep them photos coming.

Back