Nobody loves me!

Edit My Images
Yes
779.jpg

Wet and dejected young robin - over two inches of rain overnight and today shows. The parent still looks sleek and dry!

Sorry state indeed FM ... :shrug: ... Hmmm but it looks like an adult to me ... :thinking: ... wet and miserable ... but adult nonetheless ... ;)

:p

Sorry state indeed FM ... :shrug: ... Hmmm but it looks like an adult to me ... :thinking: ... wet and miserable ... but adult nonetheless ... ;)
If it is an adult - it is getting fed as shown in post "where's my tea?"

Ah ... I think I see where you are coming from now FM ... :D

The males constantly feed their female partners throughout the breeding season ... sort of look at me what a great hunter gatherer you've married syndrome ... ;)

Any youngsters will not get their adult plumage until August/September depending on when they fledge ... :shrug:

HTH ... ;)

That's what was puzzing me as I posted the normal speckled youngster a couple of days ago - thought this may have been a brood from early March hot spell.

Yep agreed, that's an adult and the feeding behaviour of the male and female is spot on. Robin fledglings are a long way off adult plummage...

Lovely shot though. Sums up the Bank Holiday weekend to a tee.

Its a nice robin and all but its rather noisy, kinda soft and such. Has it been heavily cropped or overly processed? :shrug:

Back