weekly Nog's WK 52 Favourite shot 2023

Nice set Keith. I like the chosen one, but the lighthouse is a lovely shot too.

Reactions: nog
Nice set of knobs Keith. Yeah the Penmon Point lighthouse is a bit too much of a shoehorn but still a nice shot.

As they are you chose the correct one!

I like the chosen one, and @Oy's comment made me chuckle, nice knobs indeed!

A nice set of images... if the lighthouse is pushing the guidelines then my post is too.. a nice shot.
However, the tripod composition works well for me, nicely lit and good dof - apart from earworm of "righty tighty and lefty loosey!"

Nice set Keith. I like the chosen one, but the lighthouse is a lovely shot too.
Thanks
Nice set of knobs Keith. Yeah the Penmon Point lighthouse is a bit too much of a shoehorn but still a nice shot.

As they are you chose the correct one!
Thanks. Yes, suppose not really a knob on the lighthouse
At least you know which way to turn ! Nice composition
Thanks, often don’t know which way
I like the chosen one, and @Oy's comment made me chuckle, nice knobs indeed!
Thanks, and yours
A nice set of images... if the lighthouse is pushing the guidelines then my post is too.. a nice shot.
However, the tripod composition works well for me, nicely lit and good dof - apart from earworm of "righty tighty and lefty loosey!"
Cheers, at least your knob picture does not have a weather vane stuck on top of it

Nice post of the post :)

Nicely done - nice to see some of the other angles you shot it from too - I looked on your flickr first and the one with the sky behind the cutouts I thought was most interesting, perhaps as it showed the cut-outs clearest.

Well spotted!

I think #2 is my favourite.
Hmm, after looking again think I agree with you
Nice post of the post :)
Thanks for your nice post :)
That works nicely Keith. I too like No.2
Thanks, and me
Nicely done - nice to see some of the other angles you shot it from too - I looked on your flickr first and the one with the sky behind the cutouts I thought was most interesting, perhaps as it showed the cut-outs clearest.
Thanks, yes the one with sky behind does show letters better and has a bit more impact but thought I'd show a bit of the area behind the post, thinking about it the few trees and a bit of ivy is not very interesting.

Nice shots and and "interesting" back story. I feel more drawn to #3

Great set Keith, the commentary about "Love Lane" made me laugh.

Very nice, super clean inside there! The splash of red from the tomatoes is great, as well as the blue glow behind.

Worth a bob or two at the moment thos Toms :)

Nice shot!

Another shot of a kitchen appliance that is way, way too clean... :D

Worth a bob or two at the moment thos Toms :)

Nice shot!
Thanks, might list them on ebay :)

The reds make the whole image pop nicely, no trouble here YET on getting Toms.

Thanks, the shops had them in stock today, no cucumbers though
Another shot of a kitchen appliance that is way, way too clean... :D
Thanks, can assure you it's not usually
Good symmetry. And the toms on their own stand out well.
Thanks, they were a good colour, tasted ok as well.(y)

Llanerch Bridge, grade 2 listed and destroyed in floods during Storm Christopher in January 2021.Some locals have a 5 mile detour to get to town and it is/was on my favourite cycle route, estimated repairs/rebuild cost is £7 million:eek:.
Meetings still going on and still discussing who is going to pay for works -county council/Welsh/UK gov
Access a bit limited and too deep to cross with my wellies.
P3082133 by Keith, on Flickr
P3082142 by Keith, on Flickr
P3082163 by Keith, on Flickr
Road a bit broken
P3082179 by Keith, on Flickr

Wow! That is some lump of concrete to come down! Interesting photos given the restrictions on access.

With the layers and layers of tarmac in there shown in the end-on shot - was the road originally much lower, with higher walls? and the additional weight of tarmac over the years played a role in it's collapse??

Your image, together with your commentary provides a good documentary record of the exposure of rural communities to lack of investment in infrastructure.

A good set of images Keith.
I like the close up - no 3.

Good idea and good explanation.

Wow! That is some lump of concrete to come down! Interesting photos given the restrictions on access.

With the layers and layers of tarmac in there shown in the end-on shot - was the road originally much lower, with higher walls? and the additional weight of tarmac over the years played a role in it's collapse??
I've not seen anything that suggested extra tarmac contributed but certainly possible. Bridge was designed and built in the days of the horse and cart and was being used more than ever in recent years due to more homes in the village. Local farmer reckons it was the highest river level in 50 years and an old oak tree hit the bridge. The tree, complete with the no fishing sign, was washed 1/2 k down stream.
Nice set, I like #2
Thanks
Your image, together with your commentary provides a good documentary record of the exposure of rural communities to lack of investment in infrastructure.
Sadly you are right, probably not just the rural communities though.
A good set of images Keith.
I like the close up - no 3.

Good idea and good explanation.
Thanks, was going to post #3 for the theme as like the layers

Wow.. that is very, very broken and an interesting back story.

Nice chosen shot, although got front on angle also is inserting showing how the different layers have built the bridge.

Nice set Keith, I think that shot #2 is the one I like the best. The tree behind the break really makes the image.

Wow.. that is very, very broken and an interesting back story.
Thanks. Yes it is a bit broken, was surprised when I read it was £7 million broken though
Nice chosen shot, although got front on angle also is inserting showing how the different layers have built the bridge.
Thanks, to me one of the layers looks like good old soil which surprised me. Still it had been there a couple of hundred years until an oak tree came floating down the river
Nice set Keith, I think that shot #2 is the one I like the best. The tree behind the break really makes the image.
Thanks, I actually remembered to get the framing right and not chop out half the tree :)

Visiting son down in Devon this week, car boot pic is with my phone as camera is in there somewhere, dogs were promoted to back seats which they didn't seem to mind :)
Full is the log basket, limited angle as too many drinks on the coffee table to move it.
P3122220.jpg by Keith, on Flickr
IMG_5973.jpg by Keith, on Flickr

Great shot of a fantastic fireplace! I would love that. Lovely warm feeling coming from it in your image.

That's not a safe on the LHS is it??

Great shot of a fantastic fireplace! I would love that. Lovely warm feeling coming from it in your image.

That's not a safe on the LHS is it??
Thanks, think it was originally an oven? next to or part of another fireplace. Not really sure TBH

Back