Noise Ninja

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
I see this software mentioned from time to time.

Can anyone offer an opinion as to whether it is more effective than the noise reduction in Photoshop Elements.

I used noise ninja for a while but I find I get better results from
Imagenomic Noiseware I find it very simple to use and running batches couldnt be easier just run them through on default and away it goes.

I have been shooting at iso 1600 of late and the results are impressive
But I suppose its one of those things that you either love it or hate it.
maybe I was lazy with noise ninja.:shrug:

I dont like the noise reduction in Photoshop Elements.

Thanks for that. I'll investigate.

I tend not to like the noise reduction in Adobe products. That's my main gripe about Lightroom. When I'm processing ISO 1600 or 3200 images of my grandson's basketball games, I have to run a separate batch process to address the noise.

Currently I use Noise Ninja and like it well enough, but maybe I'll give Noiseware a roll. I might have been lazy with NoiseNinja as well!

Whatever, I think you'll be happier with a third-party tool. Neat Image is another program that I've heard favorable remarks about.

-SteveL

Noise Nimja is excellent.... removes noise very effectively while leaving a nice crisp image

I trialed both noise ninja and Nik software dfine 2.0 and I found dfine toi give the better results.

I find noiseware (the community version) desaturates you shots and alters the colours so you have to process them all over again afterwards. (or just stop using it like i did)

Another vote for noise ninja here, admittedly, I've not tried any others, not needed to :)

Does anyone know where you can find like-for-like photo comparisons for the popular ones?

you can download noise ninja and try it - it puts a grid over the image but you can see the result - I bought it, and it can be really useful in appallingly dark conditions where flash isn't permitted (ie most registry offices!!!)

I've tried all three and found Nik Dfine to be the best suited to my need.
Quality is as good as the others (maybe even better) and easy to use.

You could download the demos and decide for yourself.
Nothing to lose. :shrug:

I have just tried both on the demos and I agree dfine appears to be the best. Is define expensive? as I'm seriously considering purchasing it but can't find a price. It's okay I got the price I'ts more expensive now in the current climate $99 which equates to £73 at the current exchange rate.

I've tried Noise Ninja, Neat Image and Noiseware and from my experiments have found Noise Ninja to be the best. I like the way it profiles the image and applies the noise reduction accordingly.

I found Neat Image and Noiseware lost too much detail and made the image too smooth, although I didn't spend too much time playing with the settings.

I tend to flip between noiseware and noise ninja. Each tend to have their strengths.

Back