Noise reduction software

I use Noiseware but its always good to try alternatives.

Have you tried this yest Steep?

I'm having a go just now. It doesn't like the way my software saves Tiffs but I've noticed before that my software has some strange ways. I need to go out and take some 1600asa shots to give it a good test but so far it seems a little heavy handed. Mind you it could be me that's heavy handed since the filter level is adjustable. More later.

Keep me informed please. Its always good to know about what is available.

If its better than Noiseware, sold :) Noiseware is about the best you can get imho. Its helped me rescue plenty of low light shots at ISO800.

Well it has less by way of controls than Noiseware but results can be pretty comparable. I decided to give them something to get their teeth into, a brightly lit image with contrasting colours shot at iso3200. Neither handled the red very well but both did quite a good job on the yellow. Noiseware I just left on it's default settings, PC I had to adjust, the result is pretty much the same as noiseware if I set the PC 'quick' slider to level 2

Unfiltered
unfiltered.jpg

Picture Cooler
picturecooler.jpg

Noiseware
noiseware.jpg

Bearing in mind that Picture Cooler is free at the moment I reckon it's more than worth the money :)

Back