Noiseproblem on EOS40D?

Edit My Images
Yes
I love my 40D, but I think there is noise in the pictures very often. Even at 100 ISO. Anyone that have the same problem?

Thejo

Can you post an example and a 100% crop showing the noise?

There is a picture in my gallery now, but what do you mean with 100% crop? I am norwegian....

Thejo

i think they mean crop a noisy part of the photo but don't resize it. Just make sure it's smaller than 801 pixels to adhere to the forum rules.

i think they mean crop a noisy part of the photo but don't resize it. Just make sure it's smaller than 801 pixels to adhere to the forum rules.

OK, thanks! I think that this picture have noise all over! :puke:

I see two shots in your gallery but they're far too small to see the noise. Open the original in your editing app and then use the crop tool to select a small section where you think the nosie is. Save the cropped part as a new file and upload it here. Then it should be easier to see what's happening.

I see two shots in your gallery but they're far too small to see the noise. Open the original in your editing app and then use the crop tool to select a small section where you think the nosie is. Save the cropped part as a new file and upload it here. Then it should be easier to see what's happening.

I have done that operation on the first picture now. The crop is from the clouds in the sky.

Do you shoot raw or jpg?
Is this the image straight out of camera or has it been edited at all?

Exif shows a 30 second exposure on that shot. Long exposures will generate more noise as the sensor heats up. There is a camera setting to reducing noise on longer exposures, try turning that on and see if things improve.

Back