Noisy Nun's Cross

Name
Wayne
Edit My Images
No
One from this morning at Nun's Cross Farm on Dartmoor. I was hoping that the MW would be a bit clearer as it should have been coming up behind the house. There were some people in residence so I couldn't light it up to check my focus as well as I would have liked too (just getting my excuses in :D ) but at least this meant the shutters were off the windows.

Noisy Nun's Cross

That has worked well, far nicer without the shutters. Did you do any of the cross?? One of those locations that has a chuffing great TV antenna in the other direction :). What was the EXIF ???

For me the foreground is too light for a shot that includes stars, sorry.

That has worked well, far nicer without the shutters. Did you do any of the cross?? One of those locations that has a chuffing great TV antenna in the other direction :). What was the EXIF ???
I did but only after it got light. I didn't really like them. As you say looking north west you get the top of the mast on North Hessary and light pollution from Princetown, well the prison mainly. Surely if they're locked up properly they could turn some of the bleddy lights out! A couple of years ago I camped at Crazywell cross and did some star trails with it in the foreground.

Beware of ghosts at Babeny Cross and Combestone Tor - Granny and Grandpa are sprinkled at Babeny and Mum & Dad are at Combestone! ;)

I did but only after it got light. I didn't really like them. As you say looking north west you get the top of the mast on North Hessary and light pollution from Princetown, well the prison mainly. Surely if they're locked up properly they could turn some of the bleddy lights out! A couple of years ago I camped at Crazywell cross and did some star trails with it in the foreground.
Its one of those areas I need to do, I always fancied doing some of the sheep leaps on the Devonport Leat as well as some of the crosses. I had a great shoot of Windy Post after the firework competition in Plymouth. I did not think Windy would work, but was really impressed with the results :) But like all things astro you must never pre-judge :(

Back