Wild Non baited little owl

den

Name
Dennis
Edit My Images
No
To get the bird on this perch as taken me 8 days ,the perch originally was part of some old fencing around the house on a farm pretty close to one of the sites I visit ,the owner just had a pile of wood hanging around and this was part of it ,i cut the post down to a decent size and then made a stand for it and set it up in place ,when I first set it up the mossy bit was nice and green ,however 8 days later and its lost it look a little, what some people probably don't realise is that you have to set up and wait for many a hour in hope the bird will land ,normally the bird as its favoured spots and perches ,its just a question of removing the perch it is landing on frequently and placing your own ,I have had the bird stand behind the perch, stand in front but after 8 days tonight he landed ,no food or bait was needed or used to get this shot ,just my time as it does become a bit of a challenge trying to get the bird to land on set up perches ,but these birds can be pretty predictable especially when you spend time observing them as they are so predictable and curiosity always gets the better of them Little owl 4th October (1 of 1) by dennis greenwood, on Flickr

Superb shot Dennis, your perseverance and patience paid off handsomely.(y)

Dennis hats off for your perseverance ! Excellent shots, for me 1 & 3 are my favourites

Back