Non Genuine Windows Warning Messages

Name
Mike Jones
Edit My Images
No
Not that I would think for one moment that any one here would experience this problem......... but I found this site very useful :)....... CLICKY

Mike

it says MS will release an update to stop that workaround in a few days, lol,

thanks for posting this informative article mike, im sure that no-one here would be running nawty copies of XP now anyway..

I did Mike, on a copy of XP that I thought was genuine and payed the going rate for too, turns out it was a very good bit of pirating. :(

if the serial has been used too many times it will break your XP, but if you ring MS customer services they are actually quite good!

Hmmm interesting.
I had a warning message on 2 of the workstations on my network at work when I ran the WGA update, but I knew they were legit copies of XP Pro installed with new Dell PCs ( I bought 8 identical PCs but the message only appeared on 2 of them). :cautious:
Anyway, cos I knew they were legit I went to the MS website and they have a link which will check your copy of XP - and they both were confirmed as legit.
So it looks like we had some flaky warning messages and the WGA thing is not foolproof. All the PCs are working OK, with no more subsequent warnings :wacky:

Back