Non league club looking for a decent camera ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.

my local football club wants to buy a camera the volunteers can use to take pics at the games, we've been down the "its not the camera but the person behind it route" but they still want to go ahead.

Im thinking the best option for £150/£200 would be a bridge? to get any kind of zoom for the matches?

any thoughts or links to s decent one they can purchase?

Cant see a bridge being too much use as there will be too much of a lag between shutter press and capturing the action ... well maybe bridge cameras have come along but thats been my experience.

if you stick to nice daytime matches then any old dslr and a 70-200 will do IMHO ..

yes, I've tried to explain this to them, i used to do it for them but just got fed up with volunteering then having deadlines thrown at me for the local papers.

but as per all non-league clubs, they want something cheap, so i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas, on a basically point and shoot anyone can pick up and use.

Hi

First posting here.

I've covered my club Wealdstone during the past couple of years. Started off with a Nikon D5100 + Nikon 70-300mm F4-5.6 AFS Got me perfectly acceptable quality photos suitable for publication on social media or newsprint. Yes shooting under lights wasn't always fun but its possible with basic kit. You can probably pick up both for around £300 on ebay.

As others have alluded to, point and shoots, even though they have come on in leaps and bounds still struggle to get close to even a basic DSLR and lens when it comes to shooting live sports. If you absolutely must go down that route....my 2012 vintage Sony HX100V would maybe suffice as a basic sports shooter. Has good glass for a point and shoot and focus speeds aren't bad. Can be picked up on ebay for about £100.

Cheers

I'm not sure a bridge camera would be any use Scott - a decent mirrorless and zoom lens ( I use a 70-200mm f2.8 when I cover some Netball matches) oand my 300mm f2.8 + 2x TC for the Equestrian events

Put them off a bridge mate or get someone with the right gear to shoot the images they require is my advice

:Les :)

I've got a Nikon D3 you can have very cheap?, but I guess you still need to buy a lens so a step back? mmm.
Hey, it's there as an offer!.

Back