Edit My Images
Yes
www.myspace.com/nonethelessonline

1009983583_8dad1080fe.jpg

1009983513_eaa75290b6.jpg

1009983449_ef2374b1fe.jpg

1009983423_ba15894d31.jpg

lots of comments please!

Me too. 2nd one is good and shows attitude. I think they look bored in the 1st one, 3rd and 4th don't like the background or the poses.

yep, I like the 2nd one best, but am a little distracted by the white thing centre top...cool shots though!

The second one is the best, but not great. The Location looks good to work on different poses etc. If the band are willing, and you've not got the shot they all want I'd go back there and try some more. the lighting in no.3 is good for this type of shot, Be good if you could get that same effect in location 2.
I'm guessing they are a brit rock/ grung type band.

I think that part of the problem here is the band. When you're famous you've got that attitude down, you know how to pose and you're used to being shot. With new bands you need to give them more direction. This used to be difficult in the days of film but with digital you can show them the shot and discuss the pros and cons of it. After all the shots are for the band and they don't want to look stupid (which I'm afraid they do in a couple of these.

If you want some inspiration, learn from the best:
Ami Barwell

Check out the press shots section to see some great band pictures (though all her stuff is good.)

I quite like the poses in all of them, theyre all very typical band type shots.
I think the 2nd shot takes it because it has no background clutter. If you want to get an urban feel with the bg youre going to have to work a bit harder because as it is it just looks like clutter ... all mho of course! :)

Back